Zoom waveform display on ALL tracks at once?

dougalex

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

hold CTRL when dragging one track up or down. All selected tracks will resize equally. 

Clip gain adjustment only works on the clip that is actively being hovered over (one at a time) and was reported as a bug recently. This actually adjusts the gain of the clip so is not overly practical (it is not a "zoom," per se).

For the OP, I admit the "all tracks" is a little confusing, so John probably is on point that the waveforms are not easily viewable "as is"? There is also a waveform zoom (dB meter just left of the waveform in the track view), the cursor is a little waveform tail and up/down arrows, but again needs to be done one at a time. This method is a true zoom (no gain insertion), but not an "all at once" thing either.

"All tracks" confused me, since there is only so much real estate to play with, so zooming 8 tracks can fill up a screen (even via zoom/reset view). There are also shortcuts to zoom selected tracks to fit screen (all at the same height), etc., but if the underlying issue is the height of the waveform itself in the track, I do not know of an "all at once" cure for that.

Edited by mettelus

4 hours ago, Bristol_Jonesey said:

To the OP, the simple answer is no, waveform displays have to be zoomed one at a time

Regrettably this is true for waveform zoom! I mean especially when I am working with take lanes, then it is a PITA that each lane has to be zoomed in again. Otherwise I have no problem with it.