How to re-create a sound effect from a song on YouTube starts at 2:03....

El Diablo

PS:  Maya Clars - Diagonal of Love (Official Audio)

Why not contact the artist and ask her?

Also, she has a video channel with some videos that seem to talk about her production techniques.  Not sure if she has one that describes the song you are interested in or if she uses the technique in any of the production oriented videos she has posted.  Who knows--maybe she would be inspired to do another video if you ask.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, michheld said:

just an idea [Omnisphere]

I watched about 20-30 seconds of the video I linked; not sure if used Omnisphere (or any other purchased samples).  Seems to me (1) she is the singer, and (2) she chopped it herself.  But I am just guessing based on limited info.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

PS:  Maya Clars - Diagonal of Love (Official Audio)

Why not contact the artist and ask her?

Also, she has a video channel with some videos that seem to talk about her production techniques.  Not sure if she has one that describes the song you are interested in or if she uses the technique in any of the production oriented videos she has posted.  Who knows--maybe she would be inspired to do another video if you ask.

I took a stab at asking.  We'll see if she responses.. Not sure if I should go as far as email or not.  Hate to over do it, especially when I've got y'all Smart guys and gals 🥰

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

Definitely sounds like the syllable "da" or maybe "dah" with some serious editing and then spread across the octaves in any sampler. I do this in Kontakt all the time.

Do you have a example video, please?

I own Kontakt full 5 & 7.

Try this (using Time Machine) at about 2:40. Try to limit your range to +/- 1 octave from the root of the sample otherwise it will get really granular and ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yua85ylVKZA

This one is good too, but really quick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJjND8mM0Mc

Learning to use Kontakt as a 'one shot' sampler is fairly easy. Using it as a multi-sample device is much more involved, but not what you're after here.
Search YT for other vids relating to Kontatk, Vocal one-shots, Tone Machine, Time Machine, and have fun!

The deets are covered well in the Kontakt User Manual.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Assuming it is a single snippet from a single word, I am not sure how extensive the editing was.  It could be truncated at the end with some processing to make a not-so-abrupt release and a short adjustment to the start of the sample; my ear didn't detect a looped section of the sample, but maybe she did that for a few cycles. 

• Like 1

[Stupid side comment, since this has already been answered with the sampler option] People don't get how easy they have it these days. In 1984 the Emulator II was ~$8K, with not one but TWO 5.25" floppy drives! The sampler made famous by Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

[Stupid side comment, since this has already been answered with the sampler option] People don't get how easy they have it these days. In 1984 the Emulator II was ~$8K, with not one but TWO 5.25" floppy drives! The sampler made famous by Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Wow... floppy disks... haven't see those since Atari 130XE!

On 12/6/2023 at 2:27 PM, OutrageProductions said:

Definitely sounds like the syllable "da" or maybe "dah" with some serious editing and then spread across the octaves in any sampler. I do this in Kontakt all the time.

My friend asked her in a live stream, and she said she used CuBase DAW's internal sampler to chop the sound from her voice, then played it across MIDI notes.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:50 PM, User 905133 said:

To my ear it sounds like a snippet of the singer's vocal was isolated and played in some way, such as by using a keyboard.

10 hours ago, El Diablo said:

My friend asked her in a live stream, and she said she used CuBase DAW's internal sampler to chop the sound from her voice, then played it across MIDI notes.

Thanks for confirming that despite nasty tinnitus and a huge mid- to high-range hearing loss, my septuagenarian ears are good for something!  🙂 Thanks to your friend for asking and to you for sharing her method.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I hate to say it, but that operation was pretty obvious. CbB doesn't have an internal sampler (yet), which is why I suggested learning Kontakt or a similar sampler. Very powerful tool.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

I hate to say it, but that operation was pretty obvious. CbB doesn't have an internal sampler (yet), which is why I suggested learning Kontakt or a similar sampler. Very powerful tool.

Have fun!

I'm so very glad you did tell me!  I have both and I don't want to buy CuBase just to do what she said to do!