What's next for Rush? CBS Sunday Morning:

Old Joad

3 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Rush is one of those rare bands where not a single member is replaceable. You lose any one of those guys and it's over imho.

There is nobody who could replace Lee's voice, Lifeson's guitar work, and sure as heck Peart's drumming. Him especially. Nobody could ever come close to him on drums in my opinion, plus he wrote most of their songs according to what I've read about them.

They can do what they want of course, its their baby. I'm not even that big of a fan of theirs tbh, but it feels wrong to me to keep going without him.

So, using a drum machine isn't really an option then? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, craigb said:

So, using a drum machine isn't really an option then? 🤔

I don't think they make one with accurate enough timing to replicate his playing. Haha.

Now their position is one where using footage of him in the background or holograms or whatever it is that Abba did and Kiss is going to do would work.

Isolate his playing and have them play live to it. They did an Elvis concert like that years ago long before Abba did what they did. I've never seen what Abba did so I have no clue how they went about it, but imho that's the only way they should do this. Otherwise it just feels really wrong to me for a couple reasons.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 10:35 PM, Shane_B. said:

Rush is one of those rare bands where not a single member is replaceable. You lose any one of those guys and it's over imho.

There is nobody who could replace Lee's voice, Lifeson's guitar work, and sure as heck Peart's drumming. Him especially. Nobody could ever come close to him on drums in my opinion, plus he wrote most of their songs according to what I've read about them.

They can do what they want of course, its their baby. I'm not even that big of a fan of theirs tbh, but it feels wrong to me to keep going without him.

I 100% agree with this and I hope if they do continue with another drummer they don't try to replicate the past but make something out of the new chemistry.  Be it reimagining Rush songs or doing new material.