Cakewalk Component Mismatch.........

David Coventry

Question

10 answers to this question

You may want to manually check the files in your Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core directory. My versions are as follows:

Cakewalk (Cakewalk.exe):    29.9.0.75
TTSRes (TTSRES.dll):        29.9.0.75
TTSImage (TTSImage.dll):    29.9.0.75
Automation (CW130Auto.dll): 29.9.0.75

I'm guessing on the Automation file... I think it's CW130Auto.dll in the Cakewalk\Shared Utilities directory.

If your files don't match these versions after re-installing, then something fishy is going on. If they do match, then try running Cakewalk directly from the Cakewalk Core directory by double clicking Cakewalk.exe. Maybe there's some kind of duplicate install on your machine? No idea, really.

It looks like you've tried to re-install CbB 2022.11 over the top of CbB 2023.09. 

It's unlikely that having the 2023.09 version of CW130Auto.dll running with CbB 2022.11 will cause any issues, however you will get this warning.

If you want to stick with CbB 2022.11 (bearing in mind, it'll no longer re-activate when it expires), the easiest thing to do is to rename CW130Auto.dll in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities  to CW130Auto.dll.old  and re-install CbB 2022.11.

The best thing to do however is update to CbB 2023.09.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. 

I did what Variorum suggested and opened from Cakewalk Core .exe.

It opened without issue. The taskbar shortcut mustn't have refreshed on install or something and was looking for something that wasn't there? Not sure. Anyway, it seems to be operating OK for now. Will dive deeper if it occurs again.

Again, thank you all for taking the time.

1 hour ago, carlne said:

Thanks 
Unfortunately, even after performing a clean install, the issue persists.

anyone has additional suggestions.

Did you perform the clean install after a fresh reboot?

Is this even after deleting the entire “C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core” folder during your clean install process?

By “clean install”, can it be assumed you deleted the relevant registry entries?