Acon Digital Remix for $39

cclarry

15 minutes ago, 53mph said:

From what I can tell, this is built into Acorn Acoustica 7. It's not stand alone or usable in other DAWs, but it is fully functional.

Yes it is:

Acon Digital Remix is available as VST, VST3 or AAX for both Windows and Mac or as AU plug-ins for Mac. There are 32 and 64 bit versions for Windows. The Mac version is 64 bit and runs natively on both Apple Silicon and Intel processors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Yes it is:

Acon Digital Remix is available as VST, VST3 or AAX for both Windows and Mac or as AU plug-ins for Mac. There are 32 and 64 bit versions for Windows. The Mac version is 64 bit and runs natively on both Apple Silicon and Intel processors.

Sorry, I think I caused some confusion. What I meant to say was that if you currently own Acon Acoustica 7, the remix tool is built into the digital editor suite, but it is not usable outside of Acoustica 7. 

The stand alone version appears to have the same functionality.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 11/29/2023 at 11:34 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

As far as isolating vocals, I took a listen to their demo and there is a lot of artifacts. At least to my taste and compared to Supertone Clear (Goyo Beta). I feel Clear gives much better results at isolating vocals. 

the good thing is for live broadcasting, I insert it into the effect train after music App in hijack and it can give you a pure background  music for singing .

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 10:34 AM, Jacques Boileau said:

As far as isolating vocals, I took a listen to their demo and there is a lot of artifacts. At least to my taste and compared to Supertone Clear (Goyo Beta). I feel Clear gives much better results at isolating vocals. 

I did some A/B with both apps.  Highly dependent on the source for the results.  

(using production of both apps).

Acon does have more artificats than I expected over all.  And is also painfully missing a Guitar algo.

Two pretty different tools to have in the box though.  IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I did some A/B with both apps.  Highly dependent on the source for the results.  

(using production of both apps).

Acon does have more artificats than I expected over all.  And is also painfully missing a Guitar algo.

Two pretty different tools to have in the box though.  IMO.

Yeah, the Remix's realtime resolve can't reach the same high level with the background reslove which need at least more seconds.

I recommend Ultimate Vocal Remover for best sound quality which is free.

Edited by Moon OverSea
  • Thanks 1