EastWest Hollywood Orchestra / Fantasy Orchestra + Forbidden Planet

Zolton

On 11/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, Zolton said:

I sprang (sprung? springeded?) for HOOPUS at JRR, and Forbidden Planet showed up in the EW Installation Manager with the orchestral bits, once I'd registered on the East West site.

Im a bit confused, that JRR link sends you to HO diamond edition? Is that description outdated?

49 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

Im a bit confused, that JRR link sends you to HO diamond edition? Is that description outdated?

My understanding is that there's now a single edition of Hollywood Orchestra on sale. There used to be "Gold" and "Diamond" (and perhaps other) versions, and I think since Diamond was the highest tier -- and the content that's carried forward to the "Opus Edition" (I think) -- the "Diamond" label is still used sometimes.

But basically, if you're buying new (and EW doesn't allow second-hand sales, so new is usually the only option), it's the Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition, or HOOPUS. The "Diamond" bit is sometimes tacked on -- the KVR product page calls it "Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition Diamond" repeatedly -- but there's just the one version, unless you happen to have a perpetual license already for one of the legacy versions.

EastWest themselves don't seem to use the "Diamond" designation anywhere and don't explain the history anywhere, as far as I can tell. But the above fits what I've seen at various stores and forum discussions. 

Edited by Zolton
Added last paragraph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1