Your Pick for Best Black Friday Deal 2023?

PavlovsCat

18 minutes ago, Wallace Ng said:

Few things picked up this BF:

• Baby Audio Industry Pro Bundle
  • Polyverse Comet
  • J3PO Preset Packs
  • UAD Signature Bundle (at $150, hopefully my license doesn't get revoked)
  • Minimal Audio $1 packs
  • Cableguys ReverbShaper Upgrade (tbh we should be entitled for the upgrade having owning Shaperbox, but whatever)
  • D16 Bundle (Repeater, Spacerek, Godfazer)
  • ROLI Seaboard M
  • ROLI Equator2
  • Some ROLI Sound packs
  • Serrano Vintage 87

Woah, after listing them all they're not 'few' anymore. 

Some more I'm still contemplating:

• Soundtoys 5.4 bundle
  • Oeksound Spiff
  • FabFilter Bundle
  • Hammers + Waves bundle
  • Joshua Bell violin

That's a pretty nice list and the stuff you're contemplating also looks superb. I have the 145B from Skybox Audios (the Hammers + Waves developer) and it is superb and really inexpensive right now for what it is, IMO. Everything I've heard from Slybox Audio sounds superb. I don't own the Joshua Bell Violin, but I've heard that it's a great library from a number of people that have it. FabFilter gets raves from every pro in the audio and composing world I know. Soundtoys is pretty respected. I never heard of Oeksound. 

15 minutes ago, Clint Martin said:

Only things I’ve bought (so far).

Upgrade to Melodyne 5 studio and the Custom Shop EZX.

I really don’t need anything but that hasn’t stopped me in the past. 

I'm contemplating Custom Shop EZX, have you installed it? If so, I'd love to get your thoughts. The demos sound pretty good to me. 

I already have Melodyne 5 -- although I still haven't mastered it, I'm slowly getting better. 

7 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm contemplating Custom Shop EZX, have you installed it? If so, I'd love to get your thoughts. The demos sound pretty good to me. 

I already have Melodyne 5 -- although I still haven't mastered it, I'm slowly getting better. 

I like the ezx. The original mixes sound best to me but I’m a less is more kind of guy. There are some good sounds in there for sure. I bought it from Best Service.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, satya said:

3$ sonivox harpsichord to get ujam mellow 2

I did that same deal, so far this is my pick as well. More than likely gonna grab the Synthmaster One upgrade from player deal too and still deciding on Melodyne assistant upgrade from essentials using serial number deal (seems hella cheap).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

If Sonar goes subscription only, I'll be updating my Studio One Pro 3 (or whatever the order of those words are) license and joining you using that DAW.  I hope BandLab makes a pricing announcement soon.  If Presonus does a 50% off upgrade deal before Bandlab makes their pricing announcement I'm going to be quite perplexed. I have probably 50 unfinished projects in Cakewalk, so switching over to another DAW would be a major headache I would not look forward to.  I can't rate anything I've bought because I still need to install a SD I have sitting around -- by three current drives are filled with little space to spare. 

- I bought United Plugins Quick Muse and got the UJAM acoustic bass freebie (I really am not a fan of the UJAM approach, but I wanted to see what it would be like to work with a bass library with their more automated approach). 

- I've bought IK's Fractured Piano. I don't love Sampletank pianos, but I thought a prepared piano will be a different story and I liked the demos. With my jam points, I think it was only 7 bucks. 

- I picked up 8Dio's String Quintet and got their free 1928 Scoring Piano, 

I'm still contemplating picking up some the EZx Custom Shop from Toontrack and some drum libraries from a small dev out of New Zealand -- maybe my favorite place on the planet -- called Analogue Drums. I did a thread for their BF sale and you can pick up a detailed drum kits that sound they were legitimately recording on analog tape for $14.50 USD starting Friday.  I was heartbroken to have seen these guys close their doors during the pandemic -- they own a recording studio and this is a side project. However, they recently re-opened and I am pretty darned happy to see that. I recommend checking them out and let's make sure that they don't close again. Their libraries sound awesome and they're dirt cheap, even at regular price and crazy cheap as of Friday. I do not personally know the dev, besides being a fan who follows them on Facebook and thinks they're excellent at what they do. 

Studio One is one of the easier DAWs to transition to from Sonar. 

I might need to get a couple more SSDs for my other two systems.

• Like 1