Best Service Product Black Friday Sale

cclarry

Discover the amazing Libraries by Eduardo Tarilonte, Chris Hein, Marcel Barsotti, Sonuscore, Harmonic Subtones or Bassam Ayoub! Save up to 50% on almost all virtual instruments through December 3!

Excluded are: Chris Hein OCTA, THE SCROE as well as all Up- und Crossgrades, Gift Vouchers, Hardware, and Shipping Products.

https://www.bestservice.com/en/deals/best_service_up_to_50_off_virtual_instruments_5487.html

• Like 2

So I've had 

• Ancient ERA Persia (originally Dark Era, but since I got Groth earlier this year, might be not necessary)
  • Forest Kingdom 3

on my shopping list for the past six months or so.

The only thing I'm worried about is Best Service's own player as I haven't heard too many good things about it.

Anyone got any experiences with either library?

2 hours ago, Kirean said:

So I've had 

• Ancient ERA Persia (originally Dark Era, but since I got Groth earlier this year, might be not necessary)
  • Forest Kingdom 3

The only thing I'm worried about is Best Service's own player as I haven't heard too many good things about it.

Engine works...despite it's non resizable GUI that looks like it came straight from the 70's
with micro-fonts...but it works.  The Tarilonte libraries are very good...

5 hours ago, Kirean said:

So I've had 

• Forest Kingdom 3

I have all of Tarilonte’s Era libs. They are in a class by themselves and worth it, regardless of the player. 

Persia is great, Forest Kingdom 3 is even better (one of my favs). I use them both regularly. In particular, FK3 is my current goto for ethnic flute sounds. 

As for Engine - the interface is ancient and clumsy, but its otherwise perfectly useable. I’ve never had any issues with it.  

I just wanted to add my experience here. I just purchased Forest Kingdom 3. The install instructions were a bit convoluted but I got it all running. It seems to introduce an instability in Ableton (edit: maybe). Also, the UI is ancient and very difficult to read on today's displays. All in all I found it a painful process and couldn't rectify the crashing so I respectfully asked for a refund.

I hope they honor my request.

Also, I would love to have this library and if they ever release it in a more modern engine I'll purchase it again.

EDIT: To be fair - I'm not certain it's this engine causing the issue in my Ableton project - trouble-shooting now to determine but I have to keep checking on the smoker. :)

Regardless, the UI is just too hard to try and deal with so I'm still going to try and get a refund. 

Edited by smallstonefan
  • Like 1