I can't use split( slice) tool.

yamadatarou

Question

I want to split the clip.

But right quick.

It couldn't choose split clip.

It is gray, I can't choose.

And,I tried to choose the split tool at the toolbar at the top.

And Alt-left click.

It couldn't split.

Only one clip that doesn't use FX can split.

But, other clip that uses FX can't split.

Maybe it uses the FX tool.

How to split FX qlip?

11 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Promidi said:

Select Smart tool. 

Select clip. 

Hold ALT while hovering over selected clip - pointer becomes pair of scissors. 

With ALT still pressed, left click.  The clip will split where the pair of scissors mouse pointer is

This has always worked for me.

Thank you. I couldn't do that. FX can't split.

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

Clips with ARA FX applied can't be split. You must first render the FX by bouncing to clip or make you splits before applying the FX. I believe this is an ARA limitation, but have not tried it in another DAW.

Thank you.
I under stand.
Maybe FX delete at once.

and copy paset FX aain.

35 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Select your entire clip , bounce to clips. You can then split it anywhere you want with your FX still on it. 

I was able to split it that way.
thank you.

However, once it bounces, will it not come back? It's okay though because I still have FX. Is there anything wrong with bouncing?

Once you split , move a clip , or put fade ins or outs on it etc .. the changes will get "baked in"  after you do "another" bounce to clips . The original won't come back unless you undo your last bounce.

My tracks (especially guitar) end up getting split in so many places , I pretty much bounce to clips All the time. It looks like a mess if I dont.    There was actually another thread like yours , with the Same problem about a week ago. Most of the time , if you just Google the problem ,  you will get directed straight to this forum to a thread with the answers.  ms

On 11/22/2023 at 2:21 AM, mark skinner said:

Once you split , move a clip , or put fade ins or outs on it etc .. the changes will get "baked in"  after you do "another" bounce to clips . The original won't come back unless you undo your last bounce.

My tracks (especially guitar) end up getting split in so many places , I pretty much bounce to clips All the time. It looks like a mess if I dont.    There was actually another thread like yours , with the Same problem about a week ago. Most of the time , if you just Google the problem ,  you will get directed straight to this forum to a thread with the answers.  ms

I see, everyone has the problem of getting a lot of bounces.
And I can't find a way to fix it.
Is there a way to undo the bounce?
I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry if my understanding is wrong

11 hours ago, yamadatarou said:

I see, everyone has the problem of getting a lot of bounces.
And I can't find a way to fix it.

I've Never considered bouncing to clips as being a problem , and for me is just part of the editing process.  I don't understand what you are trying to fix.  Are you bouncing to "clips" or bouncing to "tracks" ?

On 2023/11/26 at 午後11時10分, mark skinner said:

私はクリップへのバウンスが問題であるとは考えたことがなく、私にとっては編集プロセスの一部にすぎません。何を修正しようとしているのか理解できません。「クリップ」にバウンスしますか、それとも「トラック」にバウンスしますか?

I tried to bounce track.
I could separate of clip.
I think It's better to not need to bounce.
Because I can back before and reduce bounce file.

I solved the problem thank you.

• Like 1