Everything Bundle by Muze. 98% Off.

cclarry

@Doug Rintoul I noticed that many of their instruments only have a four star rating at PB. And in my experience, people are usually generous with their ratings there. I have no personal experience with their products though. At least some of them look good. So, what's wrong with them? Just sounds bad? Or are they buggy? Bad support? What is it?

2 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

@Doug Rintoul I noticed that many of their instruments only have a four star rating at PB. And in my experience, people are usually generous with their ratings there. I have no personal experience with their products though. At least some of them look good. So, what's wrong with them? Just sounds bad? Or are they buggy? Bad support? What is it?

Good question. They are all bloated and sound pretty bad, at least to my ears. My experience is pretty much the same as is described in this VI-Control thread:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/im-seeing-muze-instruments-everywhere.124426/

More info is also included in this earlier thread:

https://www.vi-control.net/community/threads/who-knows-this-company-sonex-strange-pricing.79952/

Muze has been discussed a number of times on this forum as well, and not in a positive light. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

They gave away 3 or 4 pianos and some other instruments over the years. The pianos were one or two velocity layers, really bloated to the point where I found the developer inflates the sizes of libraries to make it seem like these are deep sampled libraries. They're not. They're not very good quality. I would strongly recommend against them. They're bad enough that I would consider this developer in a category of less than legitimate and strongly recommend avoiding  anything from Muze. 

If you're looking for high quality KONTAKT pianos that are a great deal, check out SampleTekk.  Excellent quality sample libraries, mostly pianos,  now on sale for 90% off. Yes, many libraries have been around a long time,  but they're still excellent and the developer is high quality.  Even KONTAKT's factory library and the libraries on my curated recommended free sample libraries for KONTAKT  are superior to any library I've tried from Muze. 

I suspect people rate everything high at PB because PB gives customers rewards for rating products. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 2

Frankly, IMHO their pianos and other instruments are not so bad as some mention here! The thing is that if you open them in Kontakt only the Close Mic is being activated. To get a nicer sound you need to blend other mic positions in the mixer panel! 

Though I agree that they are somewhat bloated, but that's caused by too many (IMO) microphone positions!