Sound Dust - Dust Engine #2 - Secret Trust Me 80% Discount

Kirean

https://sounddust.onfastspring.com/DUST-ENGINE2 - £5/$7/ €6

As promised, it's time for another SOUND DUST experiment in trust.

DUST ENGINE #2 is here, and as before she can be yours for a mere £5/$7/ €6 - but only if you are prepared to take a step into the unknown.

I really enjoy making these experimental one offs, and seemingly they tickle your fancy too.

DUST ENGINE #2 is an intriguing departure and exploits some weird/daft sampling techniques - but I'm saying no more.

Sale is for one week.

On Friday I'll release the website, demos and talk through video, but knowledge comes at a price and we'll return to a less experimental 40% discount.

In other news, there will be another edition of the now regular BLEAK TUESDAY SALE coming soon, I just haven't decided where Bleak Tuesday actually falls this year.

Also, keep your eyes peeled for an announcement later in the month from another developer - there has been a SOUND DUST collaboration but I'm sworn to secrecy  : )

Dust Engine #1 - https://www.sound-dust.com/dustengine1

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 3

• Kirean changed the title to Sound Dust - Dust Engine #2 - Secret Trust Me 80% Discount

I discovered this dev in his early days and love his work. It's quirky,  weird and unique in a very wonderful way. It's totally niche, but I'd urge folks to at least check them out.  It's not incredibly detailed libraries,  but it's detailed enough for me. I know Trent Reznor-- who's done some really cool movie scores-- is a huge fan. Anyhow, I own maybe a dozen of their libraries and have had zero disappointments and I go back probably 12 years or more as a customer.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Anyone grab this yet? I have tons of Pendle's stuff and will likely buy it but am just curious about initial impressions and what it is like. 

It's nearly functionally identical to the Dust Engine #1, if you have that. Three sound sources that you can blend together as you like, with additional controls to adjust the transient, EQ, envelope, arp, (pedal) drive, "thump",  delay, reverb, chaos and swing, with appropriately quirky possibilities hiding among some of the more standard options.

The most significant difference I see, other than the three main sources being entirely different, is that the last fader-y thing at upper left in Engine #2 controls a sub bass, where in Engine #1 it added vinyl crackle or cassette hiss.

Overall, pretty cool IMO. You can leave in the transient and play it "straight", but fiddle with or automate the source mix and effects for lots of variety; or wind the transients down, turn on the arp and hold some long chords while tweaking/automating for pretty lively pads. And many things in between, I'm sure.

I'd go into more detail, but that wouldn't really go along with Pendle's "trust me on this" ethos for this series, now, would it?

6 minutes ago, Zolton said:

It's nearly functionally identical to the Dust Engine #1, if you have that. Three sound sources that you can blend together as you like, with additional controls to adjust the transient, EQ, envelope, arp, (pedal) drive, "thump",  delay, reverb, chaos and swing, with appropriately quirky possibilities hiding among some of the more standard options.

The most significant difference I see, other than the three main sources being entirely different, is that the last fader-y thing at upper left in Engine #2 controls a sub bass, where in Engine #1 it added vinyl crackle or cassette hiss.

Overall, pretty cool IMO. You can leave in the transient and play it "straight", but fiddle with or automate the source mix and effects for lots of variety; or wind the transients down, turn on the arp and hold some long chords while tweaking/automating for pretty lively pads. And many things in between, I'm sure.

I'd go into more detail, but that wouldn't really go along with Pendle's "trust me on this" ethos for this series, now, would it?

Thanks. That was helpful and I do have the last one for context. I'm sure it'll be gobbled up by me pretty soon.