Orchestral Tools New: Konduit—Sonic electricity. Special intro offer

cclarry

Energy courses through Konduit—a collection of sounds crafted from analog and modular synths layered with processed electric guitars and basses. It was made in collaboration with Belgian techno producer and live performer Peter Van Hoesen. Inspired by the sound of electricity, the patches in Konduit are intense and aggressive, yet also organic and animated—perfect for trailer music, hybrid scores, electronic music, sound design, and everything in between.

Until November 23, Konduit is available for the very special intro price of €49 (regular price €89).

https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/konduit

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

You beat me to it (of course). This sounds absolutely insane in a good way. Just up my alley. I'm buying this. And I'll be on the lookout for BF deals on the rest of the FABRIK series.

Intro offer ends November 23rd. I have a feeling they'll then create a Fabrik bundle for BF. They did a few bundle deals last year (ARK series 50% off, Creative series, etc.) last year. I'm going to gamble and wait for that bundle before buying individual instruments.

19 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

You beat me to it (of course). This sounds absolutely insane in a good way. Just up my alley. I'm buying this. And I'll be on the lookout for BF deals on the rest of the FABRIK series.

Oh and a cool thing SINE let's you do is extent the playable range.

Nick, dead serious. When I saw this thread, I thought, Orchestra Tools doing a synth library??? Excellent developer, but I wouldn't expect them to do a synth library. But then seeing you praising them for a synth library -- a guy who is massively into synths and knows his stuff -- that got my attention. So I'm listening to the video walkthrough and agree it does sound very cool. I'm sure I could have fun with it, but I'm not sure it really fits the music I've been working on to date. I think I'm going to send it to my friend Thorstein who's big into synths like you -- the friend I've watched some of your videos with. I'm guessing he'd end up buying it just like you!  

2 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Intro offer ends November 23rd. I have a feeling they'll then create a Fabrik bundle for BF. They did a few bundle deals last year (ARK series 50% off, Creative series, etc.) last year. I'm going to gamble and wait for that bundle before buying individual instruments.

You daredevil! But perhaps you're right. The entire series sounds pretty sweet and if they would offer the entire bundle (which would be an upgrade for me because I already have Sinoid), that would be even better.

Edit: I contacted them to see if they could drop a tiny hint as to this is the right strategy. Can't hurt to ask.

Edit 2: without disclosing too much info and some assurance from them, I'm buying now.

Edited by Nick Blanc
Update
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Nick, dead serious. When I saw this thread, I thought, Orchestra Tools doing a synth library??? Excellent developer, but I wouldn't expect them to do a synth library. But then seeing you praising them for a synth library -- a guy who is massively into synths and knows his stuff -- that got my attention. So I'm listening to the video walkthrough and agree it does sound very cool. I'm sure I could have fun with it, but I'm not sure it really fits the music I've been working on to date. I think I'm going to send it to my friend Thorstein who's big into synths like you -- the friend I've watched some of your videos with. I'm guessing he'd end up buying it just like you!  

Yeah the series is pretty niche I guess. It's not your bread and butter synths. It's more in the direction of soundscapes. But those can form an awesome soundbed for techno. It's the reason I bought my Lyra-8. If your friend is into this kind of sound, he should really check out Sinoid from the same FABRIK series.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Yeah the series is pretty niche I guess. It's not your bread and butter synths. It's more in the direction of soundscapes. But those can form an awesome soundbed for techno. It's the reason I bought my Lyra-8. If your friend is into this kind of sound, he should really check out Sinoid from the same FABRIK series.

He is into this kind of sound. In fact, you two would likely hit it off very well. Super nice guy, who's been one of the main people who encouraged me to attempt to play music again (I only started really trying to play again in 2021 after an injury in 1999 stopped me; even though I never stopped buying stuff and kept a DAW on a laptop to fiddle with, I never tried playing/recording full songs until 2021) and he's a really talented keyboardist, like yourself. He's done some music for indie video games and his day job is working for a major games developer managing major releases (he was previously with Nintendo and later worked on one of my son's favorite video games, Forza Horizon; he seems to handle the games my kids love). I'll send him over the info. 

• Like 1