Update: Native Instruments - Kontakt 7.7

Frank

I went onto the NI forum to register my complaint to see a post from an NI rep saying that it will be removed in a future update.  

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/comment/106552/#Comment_106552

We also recognise that for those of you who already have the instruments you need, this can be distracting. To that end, we are adding an option to disable the “New Instruments for you” panel in Kontakt 7.7.1 (along with a fix for a crash when replacing a loaded instrument or sample in Edit View), which we will release within the next two weeks.

Until this update is available, you can use the “Set current view as default” function in the VIEW menu to hide the “New Instruments for you” panel when Kontakt is running as a plug-in in a DAW. More information on how to use this function is available in this article: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/14639260981533

• Like 6

IMO it is not amusing if the big companies misuse the software they sell for marketing purposes! 😒 I mean such things like misusing the internet connection to download advertisement, to include additional trials in the plugins that cause a big size and permanent updates (e.g. IK) a.s.o. And I wonder that many customers don't realize this! 😜

This is also the reason why I am against online authorization! They can do a lot more than that with an available internet connection! And we can see it in other areas, each possibility to fraud is being misused sooner or later! We are losing control over our computers. When we start the system to work on our music, first Windows is loading a bunch of updates (I can hear the fans suddenly going up). Then when I start the daw with my project, itself and 30 plugins are checking authorization and version update. Who wonders if we have slow startup time?