Just gone through hell for a WEIRD problem! Is this a BUG? Bakers should read this!

pulsewalk

as a note: i seldom ever have more  than 2 or 3 automations on a given track or buss. and i tend to focus and make sure (for example when selecting a node) that i select the correct note or segment of the envelope before executing a change - delete, shifting, levels, etc. as there are cases where the "smart" selection stuff is trying to be helpful (like using a clip as the range selection when i want an larger section selected) so i take a couple of moments to make sure it is what i want.

do errors happen? sure, and it's more than likely if we watched a video of you documenting the "bugs", its probably you were rushing things in an effort to go fast. why this observation? the incessant ranting gives one the impression you are not a patient person.

not judging but consider that if you've got a lot of automation envelopes on each track, then maybe you need to consider the workflow and steps to avoid these "bugs".

just sayin'

11 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

do errors happen? sure, and it's more than likely if we watched a video of you documenting the "bugs", its probably you were rushing things in an effort to go fast. why this observation? the incessant ranting gives one the impression you are not a patient person.

not judging but consider that if you've got a lot of automation envelopes on each track, then maybe you need to consider the workflow and steps to avoid these "bugs".

It is correct that I'm trying to work fast. I can't sit and take it easy, I have deadlines to meet. I would say, that if Cakewalk can't handle a fast workflow, it is definitely not for professionals. Then it is for beginners and hobbyists that's using it for fun and doesn't have deadlines to meet and such.

A professional DAW will certainly allow a fast workflow. If you're on the professional end of music production, then you very well know how the DAWs are worked by your fellow professional producers. It's click, click, click, click, click.. it goes fast. Same for graphics production, 3D, architecture in CAD, or whatever that professionals are working with, they're working fast. If the software they're using can't handle it, they simply wont use it. And I'm moving towards that decision with Cakewalk more and more as these problems are not solved in the software.

Maybe there is a reason for why Cakewalk is very rarely used by professional EDM producers. SONAR was still used by also EDM producers in 2000-2010 (or something like that), but even those few went over to other DAWs in the end, ending up with Cubase, FL Studio, Ableton Live, Bitwig, Reaper, etc. Cakewalk simply could not keep up with what EDM producers need, and can't to this date.

Although, this is a bad decision by those who are in charge, because the number of EDM producers will only increase with time. So Cakewalk is unfortunately loosing shares by ignoring those genres. It's a pity!

Edited by pulsewalk

20 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Bye Felicia... here's a parting gift that we got for you (from the professionals that make a healthy living in this business!) to complement your whine.

Judging by the maturity of your post, umm, sorry, but how old are you? And why do you post immature posts like that on other forum users behalf?

How many professional EDM artists do you know that's using Cakewalk mainly to produce? Not even Ilan Bluestone use it any more. He switch to Live AFAIK.

You might want to take a look at: https://equipboard.com/c/daw?sort=most-used

Yeah, that's how popular Cakewalk is in general, all genres considered, among professionals. So before throwing out immature comments, you might want to check your facts.

I've never said Cakewalk is not used by professionals. I'm using Cakewalk, and many others do too. But I don't know one other professional EDM producer that actually use Cakewalk for his or hers productions. Only reason why I'm still stuck with Cakewalk is because I'm familiar with the workflow. But if it doesn't work properly, it's better to invest time in learning the workflow of some other DAWs.

And you might be surprised how fast (real) professional producers work. My reply to another user, which you could not handle, describes exactly this. This is a fact. Professional music producers will not take it slow and "wait for the DAW" on every move they make, they just won't. Maybe you do, but professionals don't. They work fast. Also, consider that I'm talking about EDM producers mainly.

Music producers who are using Cakewalk for multitracking live instruments or hardware triggered by MIDI, does not work like EDM producers do, it is a different workflow and I've done both (both hardware via MIDI and a only software environment). For the moment, I'm working entirely in the box, with software.

Do you think Cakewalk can do the following in the video? And these techniques are often used by EDM producers. Also, look at how he works. He's taking it easy and "slow" for the video's sake, I assure you that. When he's producing on his own, I'm very sure he works it a lot faster. I just can't work this fast in Cakewalk, because if I do, it will crash again, and again, and again. So I'm taking it easy already.:

Edited by pulsewalk