Bunker Samples Introducing Intimate Viola “Iremia” - you can’t get closer than this.

cclarry

A sound unheard by most

Before I founded Bunker Samples, I was (and still am) a professional violist. As such, there is a sound that has been a part of almost my entire life, but one that most people never hear; the sound of the viola right under my ear. When you are that close to the instrument, you hear all the bow noise and tiny little imperfections that gives the sound it’s humanity. The softer you play, they more these sounds stands out and the more intimate the sound becomes - it’s a glorious sound full of texture and grit, but also beauty and human fragility. 

How close can you get?

I wanted to explore these quiet sounds and textures in depth in a virtual instrument, and it quickly became clear that it would have to be recorded very, very close. I basically wanted the microphones to be as close to the instrument as my left ear, or closer - and that’s when I began wondering what the inside of the viola actually sounds like. Well, wonder no more…

$49

https://bunkersamples.com/intimate-viola-iremia/

• Like 2

I had a couple of conversations with this developer and found he's a really nice person,  so I do cheer for him. This library sounds gorgeous in the video walkthrough.

I'd love to hear from anyone who owns any of his libraries. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2