Exporting as mp4 getting error

Ian Gevaux

Question

Hi, I just imported a vid from my phone, added some tracks and now I want to export as MP4 but I'm getting the attached error message.

I attempted different drives, with plenty of space. I disabled all audio compression (if that's what it was referring to) and I even deleted all compressors and tried. Same message.

Any help out there people?

Thank you

CAKEWALK ERROR.jpg

8 answers to this question

What everyone seems to do is import the video to Cakewalk and then score your music etc. Then just export the audio and work with a video editing software to finish.
Cakewalks video feature is very basic and not very good at making finished videos. The feature is just for scoring, not rendering. 
And the compression error is probably about the video not the audio. 

Edited by John Vere

28 minutes ago, John Vere said:

What everyone seems to do is import the video to Cakewalk and then score your music etc. Then just export the audio and work with a video editing software to finish.
Cakewalks video feature is very basic and not very good at making finished videos. The feature is just for scoring, not rendering. 
And the compression error is probably about the video not the audio. 

Thanks, of course, the other way round. Thank you.

I imported a .MOV video from my iphone, added some synth notes in another channel in CbB and exported that as .MP4 file (standard settings). and it works perfectly fine. What file input format do you use? On which Win OS version?

I can reproduce that error, when I choose 24bit for the "audio mixdown options" and using AAC in the "Encoding Options".

When using MP3 export as 24bit works fine. Also 16bit AAC works fine.

And its clear, why. Look at the MF implementation "AAC Encoder" section:

https://learn.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/win32/medfound/aac-encoder

MF_MT_AUDIO_BITS_PER_SAMPLE must be 16.

MF_MT_AUDIO_SAMPLES_PER_SECOND must be 44100 or 48000;

So in the "audio mixdown options" dialog selecting anything other than 16 should be impossible, when "AAC (Microsoft MFT)" is selected in  "Encoding Options".  Or a message box should occur in this situtaion to indicate that requirement, when attempting anything other than 16bit. Same warning  if attempting to use any other sample rate than 44100 or 48000 for "AAC (Microsoft MFT)". And when changing to "AAC (Microsoft MFT)" in "Encoding Options". then the settings in "audio mixdown options" could automatically adjusted to the valid ones (most near to the selection); or also a message box about that fact.  Developers can correct that easily in minutes.

Or instead internally the bit depth / sample rate could be automatically converted to a supported setting (maybe additionally giving a warning message box about it).

Also exporting using "MPEG - Microsoft MpeG-2- Audio Encoder MFT" works with 24bit on my machine, but I cannot playback the file, probably due to that missing codec.

But also here some restrictions on the sample rate should be added in the dialog. See:

https://learn.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/win32/medfound/mpeg-2-audio-encoder

MF_MT_AUDIO_SAMPLES_PER_SECOND only supports 32000, 44100, 48000 and in case its MPEG-2 LSF,  then also 16000, 22050, 24000  Any other sample rate is not supported.

2023_10.28_21h51m54s_007_.thumb.jpg.c4f553c56199cecb7870a3ba96b306bc.jpg

2023.10.28_21h49m31s_006_.jpg

2023.10.28_21h43m59s_004_.jpg

Edited by Sunshine Dreaming

I had a similar experience while trying to export videos in MP4 format. What worked for me was using a different video editing software. I switched to Video Editing Software with NO Watermark, which I found at https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/free-video-editing-software-no-watermark.html It's user-friendly and has many great features for both beginners and advanced users. It allows you to trim, cut, join, and enhance clips with various effects, including titles, filters, transitions, and chroma keys.

Edited by JarRay