Can I save or copy/paste a folder of tracks from one project to another?

Billy86

In Project 1, I have a folder containing 6 simple instrument tracks, each with a separate articulation of a VSTi. (The VSTi doesn't accommodate sending out separate articulations to separate tracks.) See photo. I'd like to bring the folder and individual tracks into Project 2. I don't see the ability to save the folder and its contents as any kind of template I could save/import into Project 2. The individual tracks can be saved as Track Templates. Is that my best route to rebuild it in Project 2? Is there any way to bring all six inside a folder from Project 1 to Project 2? Thanks for any help!

2023-10-26_11-06-08.thumb.jpg.afae55b163d8f8ce2e49e9e688bc04ec.jpg

In fact you CAN save the folder and the instrument tracks inside as a whole track template (sort of a super-track-template...!):

Select all tracks in the folder. Right click on any track belonging to the folder. Select Save as Track Template.

The saved track template will be comprised of the folder and all subfolders and tracks+buses belonging to this tracks, and all of it will be retrieved when importing this super track template into your project #2. Very cool!

(...I have a super track template that comprises a full symphonic orchestra (folder-subfolders-track-buses .... all of it)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

In fact you CAN save the folder and the instrument tracks inside as a whole track template (sort of a super-track-template...!):

Select all tracks in the folder. Right click on any track belonging to the folder. Select Save as Track Template.

The saved track template will be comprised of the folder and all subfolders and tracks+buses belonging to this tracks, and all of it will be retrieved when importing this super track template into your project #2. Very cool!

(...I have a super track template that comprises a full symphonic orchestra (folder-subfolders-track-buses .... all of it)

Worked great! Exactly what I needed! Thank you! All I need to do is import the MIDI from Project 1 to 2. Thanks again!

• Like 1