Melda Production MAutoAlign $19 @ Plugin Boutique (Exclusive)

Kirean

• Kirean changed the title to Melda Production MAutoAlign $19 @ Plugin Boutique (Exclusive)

It's also great for mixing bass when combining mic'd amp and DI inputs. The first video uses MAutoAlign and the second uses InPhase by Waves, but now that I've been Waves-free for over two years, I use MAutoAlign exclusively. I installed precisely ZERO of my dozens of Waves plugins on my new laptop.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

It's also great for mixing bass when combining mic'd amp and DI inputs.

Yep, that too!  I recently picked up Fuse to check Phase Rotation and just now realized that MAutoAlign has done this for a long time now. Just like all the Melda plugins, if you're willing to dig a little, there's a whole lot more there than you expect!

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MAutoAlign

Since version 11.02 MAutoAlign performs something previously unimaginable - it actually fixes the phase for each frequency in all tracks, if you ask it to. During the analysis it now not only estimates the ideal delays and polarity, but also the ideal phase rotation to minimize cancellations. This means it can compensate for phase differences caused by 3D nature of the instruments being recorded, by the microphones and other recording equipment, and even processing you perform before MAutoAlign. So now you can actually equalize the tracks without worrying about phase cancellations!

• Like 1

I used Fuser on my last mix just for the phase rotation and it worked great on a kick. I didn't try MAA for a side by side. But if it works as marketed, MAA would win with workflow. The side chain thing with Fuser is a little clunky, but it can do a lot more than MAA, so I wouldn't really consider it an apples to apples comparison.