Zynaptiq Pitchmap Colors and Orange Nano

Fleer

35 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Was curious if nano would be free for those that already own orange vocoder.  Sometimes a lighter version of plugin is helpful.  I plan to ask and will report back. 

See my first post: it is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

New launch promo:

https://zynaptiq.com/pitchmapcolors/

($35 if you’ve got Pitchmap)

Looks like the $35 for adding Pitchmap Colors to Pitchmap is a fixed price (i.e. no intro special).
As such I'm saving my pennies for upcoming BF (or preBF) sales, or if it goes on sale.
As I have the Orange Vocoder their offer of including OVNano with PMColors doesn't factor for me.

Edit: I installed OV Nano and it appears to recognize the installed Orange Vocoder license - not coming up as demo/evaluation copy.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

Been eyeing Pitchmap every time it goes on sale.  So is this an upgraded "Pitchmap" or feature limited (like "Orange Nano").  Since they still list "Pitchmap" for sale, I assume Colors is not a replacement.  BTW fine print on the Zynaptiq site says that the intro ends Nov. 12

• Like 1

At the moment my feelings are that this should have been free to Pitchmap owners.
Has anyone here tried Pitchmap Colors?

Not much of anything yet on the web about it.
IMHO the demo video they have on the website is garbage -  sounds like something my nephew would come up with if you allowed 8 year olds to drink hard liquor.
Common Zynaptiq - show us at least one practical or artist usage of it...
Maybe someone will post a decent walkthrough at some point.
If I have to base a purchase decision solely on the video, it's going to be a hard pass. 

Looks like you can get a demo here:
https://www.zynaptiq.com/pitchmapcolors/pitchmapcolors-downloads/ 

If I have time and can get motivated maybe I'll check out the demo.

As always YMMV but if you find or create an example of Pitchmap Colors being lovely please share it with us.

To partly answer my own question, I installed the "Colors" demo and played with it for a short time.  I thought it might be "Pitchmap Plus", but it appears not.  I don't own Pitchmap, so my comparison is based on a brief demo of the original version over a year ago.  "Colors" appears to be an "effect" rather than a "tool" if that makes sense.  Pitchmap can be heavy handed, but It also allows fine adjustments or tweaks (IIRC), whereas "Colors" is more in your face.  For my use, I will hold out for a better sale on regular Pitchmap, unless they come up with an attractive bundle deal for owners of neither.

• Like 2