Screensets, Workspace, and PC wake-up having issues with split-screen display

SloHand Solo

I just got a 49" SW curved monitor and absolutely love it!!!  CW seems to be getting confused when working with pinned windows though.  In the pics you'll see I've got two windows pinned to the sides.  If my screens turn off, or I click on a screenset I saved with the split screen or workspace, the windows are no longer pinned to the sides.  I have to drag them to the sides again.

Something else I've seen in some instances is, when the screens come back on after waking up the monitors, the windows can be all mixed up,  I think it's because the main (big) monitor comes on last for some reason.

20231020_112040.thumb.jpg.13ab945438d9f4bd4efa8a69e3c71d2e.jpg

Here's how it should look

20231020_112438.thumb.jpg.754a58e95df36b71b48391bffe832f96.jpg

But this is what it's doing

20231020_112056.thumb.jpg.cce393754ba5f967084e75833f80bfe2.jpg

I run three monitors and have never experienced what you describe.
However, when I bring the Studio rig into the office for updates, Cake is only minimally displayed because it's on only one monitor.

BTW,
Is the curve in the screen really as pronounced as it looks in the pics?

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

I wasn't having any issues when running four, previously.  It's happening because I have the windows side by side on the main display, and I don't think CW has the functionality to handle that.

It is quite curved and I don't see any warping or distortion.  I am really impressed with this!  In comparison, the 43" flat screen I was using was horrible!  I had to keep bending over to see the sides of the screen!

Samsung Odyssey 49" G9 Gaming monitor

Turning off monitors will rarely affect things, so that is typically fine to do. However, both sleep and hibernate modes have issues native to Windows (not the DAW), so those are two you should avoid. Windows has never been elegant with sleep/hibernate modes, and has internal functionality that is hard to defeat or even figure out at times (like shutting off hardware/ports that do not come back online as they would from a boot).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've always had issues with Windows not staying in place after monitors are turned off, especially when it's a mix of Display Port and HDMI. I have 3 monitors (actually 3 4k TVs). I am on Win10Pro - not sure how much better Win11 is. 

This program has been absolutely GREAT for me. Works like a charm. All Windows are ALWAYS where I left them.  See this link (note: MajorGeeks is a well-known and respected site):
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/persistentwindows.html

image.thumb.png.6de557e4d7bf7e701540cfd99520cd79.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sal Sorice said:

This program has been absolutely GREAT for me. Works like a charm. All Windows are ALWAYS where I left them.  See this link (note: MajorGeeks is a well-known and respected site):

Thanks for posting this. Just the description in that alone is awesome!

"PersistentWindows helps rectify a well-known and frustrating multi-display bug. This bug changes window positions and size when the monitor display count/resolution adjusts and restores its previous settings."

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, Sal Sorice said:

I've always had issues with Windows not staying in place after monitors are turned off, especially when it's a mix of Display Port and HDMI. I have 3 monitors (actually 3 4k TVs). I am on Win10Pro - not sure how much better Win11 is. 

I'm tryijng to figure out what the snapshot is

On 10/23/2023 at 1:57 PM, Sal Sorice said:

Working great!!  I've been in MajorGeek's ranks for decades, lol.  I get so many of my tools there!