Melodic Techno with EVERY synth I have

Nick Blanc

Ambitious? Perhaps. Challenging? Yes! There was a lot of mixing to be done because there was a lot going on at the same time, most of the times. I think mixing took as long as setting up the livejam and recording it. But here it is, a jam using everything I have. This will probably be the last time I do something like this. Sometimes less is more, and I will try to keep things simpler in the future. But this had to be done 😝

I need to visit the barber...

• Like 3

I was sharing your videos with a friend of mine, a keyboardist and gear junkie out of the UK -- originally from Germany. I knew he would be able to identify all you gear and he was paying it compliments as we were chatting and listening to your music. I really enjoyed this one (hey, I gave your videos likes too.) 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, PavlovsCat said:

I was sharing your videos with a friend of mine, a keyboardist and gear junkie out of the UK -- originally from Germany. I knew he would be able to identify all you gear and he was paying it compliments as we were chatting and listening to your music. I really enjoyed this one (hey, I gave your videos likes too.) 

Hey wow that is awesome! And as intended. I don't need a big venue or a large following. Just people hanging out enjoying the music. It's what I do with friends. Oh boy do I have some, not sharable, and perhaps some alcohol induced recordings.

On 10/21/2023 at 10:48 AM, PavlovsCat said:

Also fun fact, I couldn't quickly figure out how to keep the joystick on 'hold' on the Malevolent. So I just dangled the patchcables on the joystick which weighted it down and kept it in place. I'm sure there is a more elegant solution, but this worked 🤣

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Also fun fact, I couldn't quickly figure out how to keep the joystick on 'hold' on the Malevolent. So I just dangled the patchcables on the joystick which weighted it down and kept it in place. I'm sure there is a more elegant solution, but this worked 🤣

My friend and I both enjoyed your music and thought it was all very cool. 

I'd encourage others to check out Nick's videos too. We've been posting in the deals forum and had some friendly interactions, which always makes it more interesting to me to find out more about people's music and musical backgrounds. Maybe if I didn't get tendinitis-- and also two kids -- and instead remained single, my house would look a lot  more like Nick's. My first house, when I  was single, kinda did. It had lots of acoustic and electronic drums, percussion, guitars and other instruments in addition to a much more  modest collection of synths. These days,  I mainly use MIDI controllers and a bunch of virtual gear. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Great performance Nick ! This one glued together nicely. Very effective build up and release. I honestly cant see how you keep up with all of the synths at the same time. Very impressive! I would imagine you've also got cable management down to a fine art.                     Enjoyed it ..   mark

22 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Great performance Nick ! This one glued together nicely. Very effective build up and release. I honestly cant see how you keep up with all of the synths at the same time. Very impressive! I would imagine you've also got cable management down to a fine art.                     Enjoyed it ..   mark

Thanks! The secret is I don't keep up. I always forget to do something I wanted to do. Especially when I combine it with doing drums and arrangement too. In my latest jam I forgot to add some drums from the Drumbrute Impact until the last 2 minutes or so. But if I don't tell, no-one is the wiser.

Regarding the cablemanagement, imagine again haha 🤣. I just put a black piece of cloth in front of it. But I do keep them labeled.

PXL_20231022_141612954.thumb.jpg.987c2680dae4d7d5065846f01222cb15.jpg

3 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Kinda wondering how you connected all those synths. I see four Behringer ADA8200's but are the synths also MIDI'd up?  That would be way too complicated for me!
-Bjorn

Actually I have them double MIDI'd up 😝. With the exception of the Lyra-8 which doesn't have MIDI, they are all connected with USB.

Setting the channel is quite easy, most manuals give you info on how to do that. But I also have them connected through MIDI if I ever want to go dawless. I have a couple of MIDI Thru boxes which has a 1 in/4 out connection. You can daisy chain 3 of those. That is connected to my Arturia Keystep.