(not a deal) Looking for Sound library or plugins for western genre [NOT COUNTRY].

El Diablo

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I use it for a bunch of libraries. probably around two dozen or so, and find that it's decent. I like having a way to easily manage a lot of different libraries I own and re-download stuff if I need to (which can be a time-consuming hassle with small devs --as you sometimes need to contact them and I've had at least one developer tell me that if I ever need to re-download one of his libraries again -- I did that once after a crash -- that he will be charging me; I stopped buying from him, FTR). It makes all of that easy.

Do you have time to name a few big library companies that use that installer to make me feel better?

23 hours ago, El Diablo said:

So, Indiginus is a good brand name / company?

I think it's a great company.  I own most of what they sell.  Every year I try to buy another one.   

Don't be distracted by how reasonable the prices are.  The Indiginus instruments are as good or better than ones in the $100-$200 range. 

I find them very inspiring and I've written a lot of music with them.  My favorite now is The STEEL.  I'm probably going to get the Ukulele to go with the new NI one. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Do you have time to name a few big library companies that use that installer to make me feel better?

Well, no sample developers are really big companies., even Spitfire is technically a small business. But there are developers you'd probably recognize. But it's a bunch of small KONTAKT developers -- and I'm a huge fan of small KONTAKT developers. Looking at my libraries, I have around 50 libraries in Pulse from a bunch of different developers including: Xpermentia Project, Ben Osterhouse, Impact Soundworks, Have Audio, Waverunner Audio, Minimal Audio, Simple Samples Audio, Sonora Cinematic, Majetone, Audio Ollie, Straight Ahead Samples, Rigid Audio, Musical Sampling, MNTRA and a few others.  While I realize there are a handful of follks who are very vocal about hating installers -- and I don't like it when a small developer I have one library from forces me to use their proprietary installer or when an installer from any developer forces a bunch of trial plugins on my machine -- I do find Pulse convenient because it makes keeping track of libraries from so many developers in one place and makes them easy to install and uninstall if I work on another computer.  We're talking about managing 50 libraries from maybe a dozen developers in a single installer. I'm good with that. And the installer runs great on my computer. 

• Thanks 1

To update my comment on "Red Room Audio".  I reached out to them on thier YouTube channel, they told me the email to contact them. I sent an email, and it seems they are willing to work with me on my dislike of an installer.

Red Room Audio support is great :)

P.S.  I did this before knowing what PavlovsCat said.

Edited by El Diablo
Don't you hate swipe messing up your message?
  • Like 1

For a long time, I was a FX VST buyer, thinking I had all the samples I ever need, until one day... I start working on Western Music and that changes everything!  Now I'm hunting down a bunch of odd ball samples to create a really interesting song (with lyrics).  This isn't going to be just an instrumental, it will be a full fledged song.

I am so thankful for all of you whom have taken time out of your day to help assist me find samples that I could have never thought to find by myself!

Thank you all!

Edited by El Diablo
Don't you love swipe?
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I think it's a great company.  I own most of what they sell.  Every year I try to buy another one.   

Don't be distracted by how reasonable the prices are.  The Indiginus instruments are as good or better than ones in the $100-$200 range. 

I find them very inspiring and I've written a lot of music with them.  My favorite now is The STEEL.  I'm probably going to get the Ukulele to go with the new NI one. 

I can't recall if I've ever purchased any Indiginus libraries,  but I will say that I really find the developer is a stand up guy. Around a decade ago,  there was a composer at VI-Control who's a well known serial bully there and has been banned at least several times for outrageously terrible behavior. He was posting these very over the top personal attacks on a developer who's a friend of mine. I stepped in to confront the guy and, of course,  the guy started going after me. But one of the voices objecting to the bully was the developer who owns Indiginus, whose name escapes me (Dennis?). He stepped in and wrote the most eloquent post about how wrong the bully's behavior was in attempt to stop it and he also had some really nice things to say about the developer being attacked.  

Anyhow, that was a decade or so ago, but I'll always remember that man's character. Unfortunately,  I'm terrible at remembering names, especially when it's someone I don't know IRL. But I know that my friend Jay Asher (who's a regular at VI-Control and actually was involved in the thread I'm referring to and said he was going to leave VI-Control over it, but eventually came back) loves Indiginus libraries because he says while they're not necessarily as sophisticated as some of the competition in terms of detail (what many devs deep sampling) and articulations as Orange Tree Samples or Ample Sound-- the two premier choices for ultra realistic guitar and bass sample libraries if you're really picky about realism or a pro who plans to use the instruments in final,  pro productivity,  they're super easy to use. He's also a fan of Pettinhouse guitar libraries for KONTAKT which sometimes go on sale for cheap (disclosure: the owner of Pettinhouse is a friend of mine). 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

For a long time, I was a FX VST buyer, thinking I had all the samples I ever need, until one day... I start working on Western Music and that changes everything!  Now I'm hunting down a bunch of odd ball samples to create a really interesting song (with lyrics).  This isn't going to be just an instrumental, it will be a full fledged song.

I am so thankful for all of you whom have taken time out of your day to help assist me find samples that I could have never thought to find by myself!

Thank you all!

See, this group is really awesome,  especially when folks come together to help others.  It's not perfect,  but most people here are really kind and generous.

Feel good thread of the day.

Now someone will report it for not being a deal and get it closed! Hahaha!

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

See, this group is really awesome,  especially when folks come together to help others.  It's not perfect,  but most people here are really kind and generous.

Feel good thread of the day.

Now someone will report it for not being a deal and get it closed! Hahaha!

You can't be serious?  I need all the information in this thread to stay put, so I'll have a reference for later!  I'm not done with this thread yet!

I wouldn't mind them locking this thread, but please don't delete it :)

Edited by El Diablo

14 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I can't recall if I've ever purchased any Indiginus libraries,  but I will say that I really find the developer is a stand up guy. Around a decade ago,  there was a composer at VI-Control who's a well known serial bully there and has been banned at least several times for outrageously terrible behavior. He was posting these very over the top personal attacks on a developer who's a friend of mine. I stepped in to confront the guy and, of course,  the guy started going after me. But one of the voices objecting to the bully was the developer who owns Indiginus, whose name escapes me (Dennis?). He stepped in and wrote the most eloquent post about how wrong the bully's behavior was in attempt to stop it and he also had some really nice things to say about the developer being attacked.  

Anyhow, that was a decade or so ago, but I'll always remember that man's character. Unfortunately,  I'm terrible at remembering names, especially when it's someone I don't know IRL. But I know that my friend Jay Asher (who's a regular at VI-Control and actually was involved in the thread I'm referring to and said he was going to leave VI-Control over it, but eventually came back) loves Indiginus libraries because he says while they're not as complex as some of the competition,  they're super easy to use. He's also a fan of Pettinhouse guitar libraries for KONTAKT which sometimes go on sale for cheap (disclosure: the owner of Pettinhouse is a friend of mine). 

FYI, Tracy Collins is the developer of Indiginus.  To my knowledge, it is just him.   He also created the user interface for Sonic Scores Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra.  It includes a "Symphony" feature that is very similar to one of Indiginus's most popular libraries, Solid State Symphony.  With SSS, you can play a whole orchestra at the same time--it kind of predated the things that Sonuscore came up with later.  Only it's all done with synthesis.    If you're curious about what that's like, you can get a taste of it in the freebie called Copernicus. 

https://www.indiginus.com/copernicus

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

FYI, Tracy Collins is the developer of Indiginus.  To my knowledge, it is just him.   He also created the user interface for Sonic Scores Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra.  It includes a "Symphony" feature that is very similar to one of Indiginus's most popular libraries, Solid State Symphony.  With SSS, you can play a whole orchestra at the same time--it kind of predated the things that Sonuscore came up with later.  Only it's all done with synthesis.    If you're curious about what that's like, you can get a taste of it in the freebie called Copernicus. 

https://www.indiginus.com/copernicus

I have that and it's pretty cool. Tracy seems really talented at making libraries that sound good and are easy to play to get good results. And he seems like a wonderful person.  

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 10/9/2023 at 8:00 PM, El Diablo said:

I somehow over looked your suggested banjo.  I'll have to look at it!

Some recommended instruments like guitar and drums, I don't need as I have more than plenty.  It's the really odd instruments that nobody really uses goes into the kind of Western type of music I'm working on.

I'll let you listen to a shorten version of what I'm working on... it's a unlisted link.  It's only 1 minute and 47 seconds.  It's a Collab between me and Unfinished Songs.  It's not listed yet, but I think it's okay for this forum.  Try to keep it on the down low.

https://youtu.be/MDDP8393rco?si=KutEaTmPvGMRi_Fk

You can tell how it needs more instruments to build it up some more.

I'll have to see about adding different instruments and I'll even give y'all a link of an update.

I've added a church bell to my most recent version, but it doesn't sound right.  I'm still looking for a great church bell (not bells); but a single strike of a large church bell (not bong).  I think it would help this song.

I plan to release my instrumental versions to the Unfinished Songs members only after I've completed the song.

Please post your thoughts here and not on the YouTube :)

Nice work.

• Thanks 1