Any advantage going from w10x64 Pro to 11 same?

Pathfinder

I have had 2 legal win 11x64 pro thumb drive purchases for quite a while.
With reference to CWB, Next, etc various music apps) Will I really see any improvements  if I finally do install it? I am running fine now and figured it was time for a fresh win 10x64 install (been 3 1/2 years) So? Any opinions welcome

Thanks folks

Pathfinder Frank

16 hours ago, sjoens said:

I have seen no benefit or improvement in 11.  Just the opposite for me.  I prefer 10 but updates will eventually cease.  And some older systems can't run 11.

I agree. No improvements, though I have not been able to use CbB very much so far, mostly just testing, as I'm still adding programs to my new DAW. I haven't seen any problems that going back to Windows 10 would solve. For me, Windows 11 Pro is just as intuitive as Windows 10 Pro if not better. There may be some downsides to some of the security improvements in 11, but I haven't noticed them.

I also seem to reading a recommendation, I think in Tom's Hardware that Windows 11 Pro is a better choice because, I think, it's more configurable, though most of the extra stuff only comes into play if your PC will be part of a managed domain.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tom B said:

If you're running on an Intel 12th or 13th generation processor,  this post by @Jim Roseberry discusses why migrating from Win10  to Win11 can be beneficial:

I am going to 12th I think. I have read 13th gen really needs liquid cooling to run best. I am a fan guy. Huge fans  and they work for me. Anyone remember a company named Multiwave? For many, many years I would go to their site and but a MB\cpu\cooler\minimal stuff just to test it and then Ibuild from their. I cannot fin anyone that does that anymore. reason being my arthritis in my hands doesn't really really hurt my guitar playing but building from complete scratch, A PC gets tougher every year. Not to mention my poor eyesight.

Thought about Jim R but I don't think he does such bare bones stuff. Guess I should ask.
m.2 hi end samsung stuff are fairly new and I want to reuse them in new PC. 

Thanks for all the info

3 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

I have read 13th gen really needs liquid cooling to run best. I am a fan guy. Huge fans  and they work for me.

I have a 13900K and I'm using  This air cooler called the best by Tom's Hardware in its review. It is big, has 2 towers, 2, 120 mm fans, and room for a third. 

I'm using the Phantom Spirit SE which has one more tube and is a little shorter than the one reviewed. If I need the third fan I'll use a 90 mm one because a 120 mm fan would be sitting on the RAM and stick ou above the top of the cooler. 

I like a lot of fans too. I have 6 bequiet 140 mm PWM  Wings Pro 4 case fans. I can't hear a thing with the case cover off and my head in the opening. 

I'm still installing software and haven't loaded it up at all,  but, I think, Tom's Hardware tested it up o 200 Watts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

I have a 13900K and I'm using  This air cooler called the best by Tom's Hardware in its review. It is big, has 2 towers, 2, 120 mm fans, and room for a third. 

I'm using the Phantom Spirit SE which has one more tube and is a little shorter than the one reviewed. If I need the third fan I'll use a 90 mm one because a 120 mm fan would be sitting on the RAM and stick ou above the top of the cooler. 

I like a lot of fans too. I have 6 bequiet 140 mm PWM  Wings Pro 4 case fans. I can't hear a thing with the case cover off and my head in the opening. 

I'm still installing software and haven't loaded it up at all,  but, I think, Tom's Hardware tested it up o 200 Watts.

Amazing price for these days-I have a Noctua D15-pretty similar size wise. Not sure if it will accommodate LGA1700?

For $45 I am very tempted just to buy that   🙂

Thanks very much

Pathfinder