sonible pure:limit Free with PB purchase

Kreveta Puket

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, satya said:

If I have Fast limiter should I have this too

I believe yes, the FAST plugins are older, this Pure one is in the same philosophy but uses a newer engine.

Here is what they are saying for the difference between FAST Balancer and PureEQ (I guess that the same applies to the other plugins in the series):

https://help.sonible.com/hc/en-us/articles/10308416060572-What-s-the-difference-between-the-plug-in-Balancer-and-pure-EQ-

"The plug-in Balancer was developed in the course of a temporary joined project with Focusrite in late 2019 and is based on sonible's first generation AI technology.

While both plug-ins, pure:EQ and Balancer, offer simple control over the spectral balance of a signal, pure:EQ is cut from the same cloth as smart:EQ 3 and is based on sonible's latest neural networks with support for real-time dynamic adaption and an extensive list of instrument and vocal profiles."

3 hours ago, augustenz said:

"The plug-in Balancer was developed in the course of a temporary joined project with Focusrite in late 2019 and is based on sonible's first generation AI technology.

While both plug-ins, pure:EQ and Balancer, offer simple control over the spectral balance of a signal, pure:EQ is cut from the same cloth as smart:EQ 3 and is based on sonible's latest neural networks with support for real-time dynamic adaption and an extensive list of instrument and vocal profiles."

Translation: We rebranded the Focurite plugins so we could sell them ourselves.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Translation: We rebranded the Focurite plugins so we could sell them ourselves.

Haha, true! :)

Although not really that much rebranding, they did develop it after all!

But I do believe that it is a different product nonetheless and that they have indeed progressed even further with their AI after all these years.

Edit: I got Balancer for free on both the Focusrite (because of Novation hardware) and Sonible (although downloadable from within the account, there is no product page anymore) accounts, so it seems that both companies had it available at some point. Now you can buy FAST plugins only from Focusrite.

Edited by augustenz

10 hours ago, satya said:

If I have Fast limiter should I have this too

yes you should have them all, FAST, Smart, Pure, True, and those which preceded them, Entropy, Proximity - frei:raum

They're a hoot!

and don't forget on the 30th, 'Smart de ess' arrives

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1