PreSonus ASIO Driver Isn't Available

George Lea

I just installed CWBL and I use the PreSonus StudioLive 1824c for my interface, but CWBL refuses to allow me to connect to that driver, ONLY the Windows ASIO driver, which sucks. I used to use a PreSonus 1818 interface a few years ago with CWBL and it ran fine. What's the problem?

Thanks all. I don't know why I didn't get notified of your comments in my email. I KNOW I checked that box. As to the "Win ASIO Driver", you may be correct. However, it would only use what was referenced as the Realtek ASIO driver, NOT PreSonus' Universal Driver, so that's why I referenced it that way. I went into the Windows/Settings/Sound page just before typing this and made ABSOLUTELY SURE the PreSonus Driver and Virtual Input, and Line Outs 1&2 were the Default ports, and I UNchecked the Realtek drivers as well. I'll try and send screenshots asap.

22 minutes ago, George Lea said:

switched to the WASAPI Exclusive

While it's good that it's working, and WASAPI Exclusive is a good mode, it's still a good idea to see if you can get the Presonus' ASIO driver to work. You'll get better performance as well as other benefits.

Keep posting here and we'll try to help.

First item of business is to make sure you're using the latest version of the Presonus driver.

Also, in my Universal Driver control panel, it shows what interface is connected. Make sure your Studio is shown there.

I'm running that PreSonus driver in Cakewalk in ASIO mode without any issues. Are you sure to had the correct box checked when you installed the driver? If in doubt, click them all and let it install them. Sure, most won't get used but they are small and you'll be sure to have one that works for your interface.