Anyone out there who can convert .cwb files to WAV files??

Stafford Dungey

Question

Hi

I am looking for help to with a song that I recorded in 2004 in Sonar which I have saved as a .cwb file, i no longer use sonar and only have a Mac laptop these days.

I would like to pay someone to export the separate .WAV files (probably about 12 or so audio tracks).

I want to remix the track but don’t really want to buy a pc and an  old version of sonar!! Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks 

Stafford

6 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Stafford Dungey said:

...I would like to pay someone to export the separate .WAV files (probably about 12 or so audio tracks)...

Hi Stafford and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

No need to pay for this kind of help.  You can simply pull any audio tracks from the Audio folder saved in the project folder.  If you have MIDI files, you can bounce each track individually (https://legacy.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.46.html#1098466) and then pull those audio files for the Audio folder.

Of course you can pay me a small gratuity for the above instructions/suggestion.

Kind regards,

tecknot

1 hour ago, tecknot said:

... You can simply pull any audio tracks from the Audio folder saved in the project folder.  ...

unfortunately he only has the bundled file - not a project file w/ separate audio. mettelus has a good answer - simply rename as wav and use an audio editor and/or DAW to split the concatenated sections from WAV file.