Copying A Section of An Audio Track To Another Audio Track

Dean

I have a song with Three audio tracks and I want to copy a small section of one of the audio tracks and put it into the other audio track.  I tried to find a tutorial that would tell me.  I probably don't know the right question to ask.  The tutorials I found did not answer the question.  A link to the right tutorial or a solution would be appreciated.

Here is a screen shot that might help.  image_2023-09-14_142553005.thumb.png.3aebc06d8a928956b220cf35ff2cdba0.png

1 hour ago, reginaldStjohn said:

You can just drag select across the audio clip you want to copy, hold cntl and drag down to the desired track. Of course, this is just one way.

Two tips:

- Drag in the lower half of the clip with the default Smart tool to get the Selection tool; dragging in the upper half will move the clip with the Move tool.

- Holding Ctrl gets you a copy instead of a Cut, and you will probably want to hold Shift as well to constrain the drag to preserve the timing of the clip.

What I am trying to do is copy the little section that is blank on the green track on the left side from the orange track.

I am trying to follow msmcleod's post so I must be doing something wrong.  I will redo the steps he has there and see if I missed something.  

Again, thanks for the replies!  "No luck" is probably me not doing it right.

40 minutes ago, Dean said:

What I am trying to do is copy the little section that is blank on the green track on the left side from the orange track.

I am trying to follow msmcleod's post so I must be doing something wrong.  I will redo the steps he has there and see if I missed something.  

Again, thanks for the replies!  "No luck" is probably me not doing it right.

You'll need to convert each of the tracks to split mono tracks to do this:

1. Select the Track you want to split
2. Select "Bounce to Track(s)" from the Track View's "Tracks Menu"
3. When the dialog pops up, ensure the destination is set to "New Track" and select "Split Mono" from the Channel Format drop-down
4. Click OK.
5. Do this for both the orange and green tracks.
6. Delete the tracks you don't want and pan the remaining tracks - the orange one hard left, and the green one hard right

You've not got two mono tracks you can edit independently. 

If you need to make them a single stereo track:

7. Select both tracks
8. Select "Bounce to Track(s)" from the Track View's "Track Menu"
9. When the dialog pops up, ensure the destination is set to "New Track" and select "Stereo" from the Channel Format drop-down
10. Click OK.
11. Delete the original mono tracks

It shouldn't make a difference but you are recording mono tracks as stereo. Next time you record vocals or guitar, change you input ( the I box) to the jack it is plugged into not Stereo. Stereo makes editing more difficult. You might want to convert those tracks to mono before you continue. 

Got to Tracks and choose bounce to tracks. 

Screenshot(1354).png.58fc4093ef2ec880a8aa00f71584d5d2.png

This will open the export dialogue where you make sure the track is selected and choose Split Mono 

Screenshot(1353).thumb.png.be62dc433dd8b6ae01e2a00f9c9fd88f.png

This will create 2 new mono audio tracks, delete the blank one.