NEW SONIBLE PURE:EQ Intro Sale

cclarry

On 9/6/2023 at 2:54 AM, TheSteven said:

IMHO they should have just updated the Smart series instead of spinning of new versions.
I don't need another set of plugins that do a variation (real or imagined) of what they previously released.

Of course YMMV but I think my days of purchasing Sonible plugins is over.  

I see the Pure products as having 2 things going for them which made me buy them while owning the big brothers:

- Quick setup. I do a lot of studio jams for Youtube and Soundcloud and I'm not going to spend 2 days EQ-ing and compressing everything. 2 hours max (in total!). I also don't need it to be perfect, just good enough. 
- If I like where it is going AND I have the time to go deeper and tweak, I can. 

White Sea is right about a desired feature, namely transporting your 'Pure' setting to the 'Smart' plugin. That would be awesome.

Should it be included/free? I don't think so. They may do sort of the same, but the purpose is very different imo.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 12:10 PM, Nick Blanc said:

I see the Pure products as having 2 things going for them which made me buy them while owning the big brothers:

- Quick setup. I do a lot of studio jams for Youtube and Soundcloud and I'm not going to spend 2 days EQ-ing and compressing everything. 2 hours max (in total!). I also don't need it to be perfect, just good enough. 
- If I like where it is going AND I have the time to go deeper and tweak, I can. 

White Sea is right about a desired feature, namely transporting your 'Pure' setting to the 'Smart' plugin. That would be awesome.

Should it be included/free? I don't think so. They may do sort of the same, but the purpose is very different imo.

To support what's being said here, I just got this in an email from sonible:

"All of the pure plug-ins are equipped with our latest neural networks and are designed with creators in mind."

This is even better explanation of the series than what I said in my earlier post. Still apples to apples but two completely different varieties and that validates the presence of both, the smarts and the pures.

I agree that some sort of compatibility/communication of settings/presets for both would be very welcome.

EDIT:  also agree with TheSteven that sonible could just include these 'creators' functionalities, as an additional mode in smart series, for those of us who paid the highest price for the top line. It's nice of them that they let us buy somewhat crippled, but still completely useful, versions for less money but someone who wants the best of both shouldn't pay twice.

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:11 PM, TheSteven said:

Introducing the 3rd level of Sonible's plugins!

Sonbile: Smart, True & now Pure!

• Smart - only bothers to work if your song is a hit or else why bother?
  • True - loyal as a Labrador retriever, will always work for you; even if you use other plugins.
  • Pure - their most bi-polar plugin yet! Will either make your track the most angelic possible or the nastiest most evil soul ripping audio you've experienced.
    If this is not what you're looking check out the True series or wait for next month's MEH series - does a passible, non-judgmental job.

Future offerings:

• MEH - see previous description under Pure.
  • Transparent - so sonically pure you'll never be able to determine is it's actually being used.
    The only thing not transparent is the money you'll pay for this.

I wonder how many people think it's just another EQ.   2 pages on an EQ.  Reminds me of the article about BS plugins.