RIP Avid.

Will.

We live in a house that as originally built in the 50s with a breezeway between the house and the garage.

The main house was originally (maybe) 650 sq ft (1 BR, 1 bath, small kitchen, living room). It the 80s it was  upgraded with an additional 1389 sq ft. So, the house is listed with the county as 2039 sq ft (now a 3 BR, 2 Bath, larger kitchen, new family room and the same living room).

Then someone converted the breezeway into a room (18' x 15') and then someone else converted the garage into a carpeted and insulated room and sealed off the garage door into a solid wall.

Like Bitflipper, my studio and day job workstation is 400 sq ft.  The wife works in the breezeway office.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, InstrEd said:

From 4400 sq ft. living space to 700 is going to take some getting use to. 

It really doesn't bother me. I lived in a place smaller than this till I was 13. I know what having nothing is. 26 years down the drain, but it was my decision.

Actually I'm going back and forth between a friend and family. Technically I'm homeless at the moment but that will change. It's been going on well over a year now waiting for things to "finalize".

Anyhoo ... Material things never mattered to me. That's why I was happy with my old i5 and SD cards. When my main drive died I initially dug out my old Tascam 8 track.  That was a blast and I have a lot of great recordings I made just switching back to the basics. I know it's not high end analog but it still does 'something' to the sound that I have never been able to replicate in the full digital realm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bapu said:

We live in a house that as originally built in the 50s with a breezeway between the house and the garage.

The main house was originally (maybe) 650 sq ft (1 BR, 1 bath, small kitchen, living room). It the 80s it was  upgraded with an additional 1389 sq ft. So, the house is listed with the county as 2039 sq ft (now a 3 BR, 2 Bath, larger kitchen, new family room and the same living room).

Then someone converted the breezeway into a room (18' x 15') and then someone else converted the garage into a carpeted and insulated room and sealed off the garage door into a solid wall.

Like Bitflipper, my studio and day job workstation is 400 sq ft.  The wife works in the breezeway office.

We live in a house that jack built 💲 🤑 💲