Trouble loading Spitfire LABS

Jaden

I have experienced this error in the past, and fixed it via the installer (\program files\spitfire audio\spitfire audio.exe) as the video above shows. iirc, I found the solution at the Spitfire website.

The issue can arise when you install LABS while logged in to Windows under a different user name than you normally use when running your DAW. In your case, it looks like you were logged into Windows as Admin2 when the libraries were originally installed. Then, when you subsequently logged in as "Just Be", LABS went looking for the content in Admin2's user data and couldn't find it.

(As a side note, this isn't a problem you're likely to run into with other virtual instruments because most are either not user-specific or they prompt you at install. You've probably seen other installers ask if you want the program to be accessible to Everyone or Just You. Which makes sense for things such as system utilities but not for virtual instruments. If Spitfire assumes a specific user rather than Everyone, that, imo, is a mistake on their part.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mettelus said:

This error message describes exactly what you are seeing... "Error #1 usually occurs when the plugin is unable to load the patches and presets in a library. It may be caused by missing patches and presets, or whenever a library is moved to a new machine and hasn't been repaired."

. . .

If you click on "YouTube" in the lower right of the video above, it will take you to the YT video page... he has a link in the comments section about repairing all the LABS libraries (at once).

3 hours ago, Jaden said:

Yeah, I did that. No luck. And I've tried in so many time the last few days I now have "no more remaining resets for this library, please contact customer support"

If the "Let's Fix It" problem-solver link doesn't solve it and now they are saying, "please contact customer support," it sounds like they have to unlock something for you.  Maybe at the same time they can advise you on how to solve the issue. Hope they get back to you promptly.  Please let us know how it turns out. 

SOLVED: 

By habit I never log on as admin and always use my user account on windows for security purposes. But this is not compatible with LABS. It stores the main files in the admin's account. Even trying to move files to my use account I could NOT get it to work. Re-installing everything in the admin account and just using that account I can now use LABS no problem!!!

Thank you all for your help! 😀

• Like 3

• 5 months later...