Melda Offerings for This Week

cclarry

Well that was weird. I d/loaded from 16.07 to 16.08. Ran the installer (VST3) it placed the folders into the Program Files/Common files /VST3  and every folder was empty. Tried a second time with same result. Reinstalled 16.07 and all was back. No idea why.

2 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Well that was weird. I d/loaded from 16.07 to 16.08. Ran the installer (VST3) it placed the folders into the Program Files/Common files /VST3  and every folder was empty. Tried a second time with same result. Reinstalled 16.07 and all was back. No idea why.

You may want to try rebooting and possibly downloading 16.08 again. I got a message when trying to install that Windows Defender's server couldn't be reached (Eastern US got pummeled with lightning last night), but rebooted and everything went fine using the same download file (is 632,850,328 bytes in size for me).

21 hours ago, mettelus said:

You may want to try rebooting and possibly downloading 16.08 again. I got a message when trying to install that Windows Defender's server couldn't be reached (Eastern US got pummeled with lightning last night), but rebooted and everything went fine using the same download file (is 632,850,328 bytes in size for me).

Out of curiosity, what are the dates of the folders and the *.dll and *.vst3 plugins you have?  Also, did you delete older versions of the plug-ins after running the check-for-older-versions during the installation?  I ask because the 632,850,328 byte file I downloaded today did not install any dll or vst3 plugins. Not a problem for me because I reinstalled the plug-ins from an older installer; just curious. 

I have to backpedal on this one, my apologies! 16.08 installed and scanned with the DAW, but I didn't dig into that deeper. Although all the registry entries took (why the scanner ran fine), the files installed for 16.08 did not. The actual files are, in fact, DOA so not sure if this is a cleanup glitch with the installer. I had to back out to 16.07 as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mettelus said:

I have to backpedal on this one, my apologies! 16.08 installed and scanned with the DAW, but I didn't dig into that deeper. Although all the registry entries took (why the scanner ran fine), the files installed for 16.08 did not. The actual files are, in fact, DOA so not sure if this is a cleanup glitch with the installer. I had to back out to 16.07 as well.

Thank you for answering my question by implication.  You're welcome!  😉 

• Like 1