Lowering pitch with melodyne

I have some spoken vocals and want to just lower the pitch of the entire track by two or three semitones in region FX. I select all and try to drag it down but often it doesn't respond. I never had this trouble with a very old version of melodyne back in the early sonar days. I think there used to be a checkbox for what I wanted to pitch to be but I don't see that now. What is the simplest way to just change the pitch of the entire vocal? Thank you!

If legacy SONAR is installed Time/Pitch Stretch 2 may be available.

NXr4CPh.jpg

Hidden away in the clip context menu under Process Effects > Audio Effects > Time in the "Sort by Category" layout, it is worth checking out.

This is a destructive effect.

And forget the help unless the OS has been modified to handled ancient hlp format.

22 hours ago, scook said:

If legacy SONAR is installed Time/Pitch Stretch 2 may be available.

NXr4CPh.jpg

Hidden away in the clip context menu under Process Effects > Audio Effects > Time in the "Sort by Category" layout, it is worth checking out.

This is a destructive effect.

And forget the help unless the OS has been modified to handled ancient hlp format.

Does this require Loop Construction View as described here?

38 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Does this require Loop Construction View as described here?

No.

Time/Pitch Stretch 2 was a plug-in bundled with Cakewalk products for years.

It is not part of CbB. Fortunately, like most Cakewalk plug-ins, if one product installs the plug-in, all products may use it.

When installed, the plug-in only appears in audio clip context menus under Process Effects.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:11 PM, scook said:

No.

Time/Pitch Stretch 2 was a plug-in bundled with Cakewalk products for years.

It is not part of CbB. Fortunately, like most Cakewalk plug-ins, if one product installs the plug-in, all products may use it.

When installed, the plug-in only appears in audio clip context menus under Process Effects.

Using instructions you've provided on the forum, I'm starting today loading minimal installations of SONAR (8.5, X1-3 & Platinum) on a new PC before I install Cakewalk. I've never used the Time/Pitch Stretch 2 plugin, but I hope I get it my installs.

Minimal Installation is the smallest installation required for V-Vocal. This is because there is no facility to install the plug-in on its own. X2 was the last to include V-Vocal.

Never thought about the minimum installed necessary for "Time/Pitch Stretch 2."

If it is not shown in the pick list below the Installation drop down in the Advanced install dialog then the plug-in is likely part of the minimal installation package. Stretch.ax and Stretch.hlp are installed in the folder with the program executable.

"Time/Pitch Stretch 2" is very old. any SONAR version mentioned (8.5+) should have the last version of the plug-in.

Very important, any time an older Cakewalk DAW is installed, the most recent BandLab version of Cakewalk must be installed last.

All Cakewalk DAWs share components such as utilities like the plug-in scanner and DX plug-ins.