steve vai talks pizza

Sheens

pizza-guitar.jpg

Had one of his CD's in the 90's, even though not my cuppa T.

But he's a legend, and with the ACDC guys the coolest rockstar I know.

Watch all his interviews, what a great down to earth guy.

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 2

I've seen him if a few cool videos.  Like one where he joins two celloists in a Guitar Center for a jam and another where he's the guest "stunt guitarist" for a new group (which I believe was posted here originally).  When I have some time I'll see if I can find both!

On 7/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, Sheens said:

Had one of his CD's in the 90's, even though not my cuppa T.

But he's a legend, and with the ACDC guys the coolest rockstar I know.

If you didn't like that CD, try listening to his "Trilogy" he is putting out. He has the first two albums of it out already. I have both of them and much prefer these over his more famous stuff. Real Illusions:Reflections is the first and The Story Of Light is the second. Both are in my opinion his best work. (Though I haven't listened to his album he just released not long ago, Inviolate .) He really composes on these albums more than shred. His use of melody is fantastic. Really a gifted musician.

On 7/24/2023 at 5:06 PM, craigb said:

Found 'em easily! 😎

That Polyphia video is unbelievable. The technique of all those in the band are top notch, and then they take it over the top!! But Steve comes in and gives an outstanding performance. He doesn't try to out-do them, show off, or anything like that. He stays true to the song and gives it new life. Takes it in a direction I wouldn't have thought it would go!!

I have seen Steve play a small club here in Baton Rouge. When he takes the stage, he's on fire! And his showmanship is... well... lets just say he owns the stage. He makes what he is playing look effortless! 

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, Sheens said:

Watch all his interviews, what a great down to earth guy.

I forgot to address this.

I find him to be one of the most down to earth, not full of himself guy in interviews. In between songs when I saw him you could see that he was just laid back, enjoying himself immensely.  And the audience picks up on this.

My wife was with me and she doesn't like all that shred stuff at all. I didn't tell her what kind of music he played, just that she would enjoy the show. He impressed her so much she may be a bigger fan of him than I am!!

Of course when I got there, I saw a bunch of guitar players I know. We all wanted to sell our equipment after the show!! 

• Haha 1

I'm about half-way through.  Pretty good and reminding me how little I remember of the Zappa songs!  

I still remember watching him in one of the G3's and, as good as he is, he still bows and gives props to Satriana who was his guitar teacher.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grem said:

I forgot to address this.

I find him to be one of the most down to earth, not full of himself guy in interviews. In between songs when I saw him you could see that he was just laid back, enjoying himself immensely.  And the audience picks up on this.

My wife was with me and she doesn't like all that shred stuff at all. I didn't tell her what kind of music he played, just that she would enjoy the show. He impressed her so much she may be a bigger fan of him than I am!!

Of course when I got there, I saw a bunch of guitar players I know. We all wanted to sell our equipment after the show!! 

awesome Grem :)

Edited by Sheens