Captain Plugins Epic v7 released

John Maar

I just noticed the release of v7 of Captain Plugins Epic. The v7.0.0 installer was code signed on 27 June 2023. The update is free if you have v6, $39 if you're still on Captain Plugins v5. The VST versions load and run no problem, but I'm getting a blank GUI with the VST3 versions, so beware. I'll send a message to their support. To download the update, you'll need your original v6 email with the download link, or use the Download link in the web page footer. I did not have to reauthorize v7.

Captain Plugins Epic

EDIT: I am getting a blank VST3 GUI in Gig Performer. The VST version loads fine. In Studio One, the default only shows the VST3 version in the browser. The GUI opened OK, but I had to reauthorize it. Odd goings on. I think I'll clear the plugin list in Gig Performer and do a full rescan and see what happens. So my guess is that you'll have to reauthorize in Cakewalk. Can someone confirm?

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Glad they decided to make the update free. Honestly only updated this morning bc i couldn’t use the plugin without updating it for as long as I can remember, it would crash my daw every time i tried to close out of the update prompt. so i’ve been using the old captain plugins (minus the “epic” specification) .
Only request for v8 is being able to use it offline. Otherwise works in my daw now with the update. Big fan of using it for drafting up chord progression ideas when my creativity falls short

Edited by dumbquestions
  • Like 1

I’ve been using EPIC 7 for what seems a couple months. They typically don’t announce version updates but I’ve noted the version number go slightly higher every several weeks. I guess they feel it’s stable enough to announce now.

• Like 2