Kirchhoff-EQ, Better than FabFilter Pro-Q 3

jesse g

2 hours ago, jackson white said:

I watched this and his follow up. It was a firm reminder that guys like Dan are very useful but not immune to bias. To his credit he acknowledged his bias. He clearly downplayed anything Kirchoff was better at by saying the feature was not useful. On the other hand, the main point I got from the video is the idea one sounds better is most likely a bit of placbo and that replacing fab filter if it works for you is plain silly. If you don't own either, it is hard to ignore the price difference.  If price is the absolute end all and you want a similar interface, Total EQ by Hornet is not a bad option since it can be had as low as $10. Nonw of these options will make you better at EQing but being used to a certain workflow and design will probably improve efficiency. I use stock studio one plugin or Mequaliser for most tasks. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I watched this and his follow up. It was a firm reminder that guys like Dan are very useful but not immune to bias. To his credit he acknowledged his bias. He clearly downplayed anything Kirchoff was better at by saying the feature was not useful. On the other hand, the main point I got from the video is the idea one sounds better is most likely a bit of placbo and that replacing fab filter if it works for you is plain silly. If you don't own either, it is hard to ignore the price difference.  If price is the absolute end all and you want a similar interface, Total EQ by Hornet is not a bad option since it can be had as low as $10. Nonw of these options will make you better at EQing but being used to a certain workflow and design will probably improve efficiency. I use stock studio one plugin or Mequaliser for most tasks. 

I feel like the Kirchoff would have been better off just packaging that whole dynamic EQ section as a separate plugin instead of trying to be a "quantity over quality" cheaper alternative to Pro-Q. That would allow them to be their own thing instead of being that plugin which copies another, which was the first impression I had when I first saw it without having seen the clickbait reviews which, ironically, also pitch it against the plugin it copies.

• Like 1