APD Deal: Rigid Audio Everything Bundle - 97% Off!

cclarry

16 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Sure, if it weren't for the fact that their list prices are a complete fiction only used to claim massive discounts. 

that was my point ;) (OTOH anyone can price their product the way they like FWIW, AFIK, AFICT, etc etc)

7 minutes ago, chris.r said:

that was my point ;) (OTOH anyone can price their product the way they like FWIW, AFIK, AFICT, etc etc)

Legally, there are regulations that are intended to stop those kind of pricing practices (in the US the regulatory body that handles that area is the FTC, whereas in Germany, where the dev operates, there are two bodies and they're commonly a lot more strict that US FTC regulations; I am less familiar with the regulations in Israel where Waves engages in an always on sales pricing strategy which violates FTC regulations, but I'm not familiar with Israel's practices in that area; I used to write on marketing strategy and covered these kinds of areas as part of the larger conversation on pricing and promotional strategies). Plain and simple, it's bad ethics and deceptive practice -- just done to deceive customers that they're getting a much better deal than they're actually getting. I've bought from Rigid Audio before, and no one in their right mind would find any of their libraries anywhere near their fictitious list prices. 

11 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Plain and simple, it's bad ethics and deceptive practice -- just done to deceive customers that they're getting a much better deal than they're actually getting.

It's a bit of an irony that this voice is coming from a country known from having one of the most liberal market (I'm playing a little game with you on this, please don't take it seriously at all, LOL).

I think nobody is going to do anything about it as this will be easily qualified as low social harm ;). Besides I've bought a few libraries for very low price so I have no right to complain!