MySongBook Year sub $15 (for Guitar Pro)

Brian Lawler

Quick FYI for folks not familiar with these. I had to go back and check what this entails (read the details at the bottom of the above link), since I only ever pop these open if something strikes my fancy when I open GP8 (one per day pops up randomly if you own GP). Basically these help with practicing transcriptions (not all are accurate), and even using credits you cannot save or edit scores (just allows printing them). I think you also get a free 7-day trial to everything when purchasing GP8.

I went on a massive "unsubscribe" binge last night (my custom email filters to screen "advertisements" are suddenly leaking) and Arobas got nailed from sending me one for GP8 when I already own it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Last Call said:

Yes, but it's absurd beyond belief.

Tablature is just a form of music notation, and I would argue a much more precise notation when depicting guitar performances.  I see no reason that it should not receive the same copyright protections as standard musical notation.

No no no, just no.

Tabs and musical notation, they are just the same.

They just tell you what is being played in a song.

Copyrighting that is just plain corruption leading to lawyers and corporations make money out of defenseless people...

And if people are so dense to get that:

The simple piano riff by Tegan and Sara song Back in your head: I tab that, upload it to Ultimatetab.com and I get molested by lawyers and sued because of copyright infringement? 

Or the guitar riff of 7 Nation Army? That's a hymn out of itself, adopted to be sung all around the world: I upload it to Ultimatetab.com just to receive the same corporate treatment? Because I mention how it should be played 100% corrctly by his genious creator, finger by finger,  meticulously? 

Those riffs or a complete Petrucci long ***** solo or a complete song is just the same. Or a complete orchestra concert by 10000 instrumentalists.

Honest humanity in the US is just so decadent in some ways... (I mention the US because I bet those smart tards, yes, an oxymoron, came up with this great idea).

I am gonna pop a vein or two, lol.

I am not familiar with copyright laws very much, but I do find it ironic that someone who has no ownership of a piece to get a copyright of a transcription (especially if in error).

Flip side (in the days of early internet one can never quite verify things like these): When MIDI first took off there were often errors in pieces as they were published. An early version of "Don't Stop Believin" was a bit off for the piano piece but otherwise intact, and the person who brought it up the piano most adamantly simply redid the piano track and gave it back to him. Supposedly that person who redid the track was Jonathan Cain. If true, that was such a classy move on his part.

I just happened to remember this site for free Guitar Pro tabs. If you share links on FB or Twitter they will download immediately, but you can simply wait 20 seconds to download them. Pretty simple. These are the actual gp[x] files, so you can edit/manipulate them in Guitar Pro however you choose. There are almost 50,000 tabs on that site to choose from.

Ample Sound guitars will also import GP files, so the two applications pair up rather well if you have any of the Ample Sound products.

Quick edit: Not used the site much but the link at the very top of that page to download the entire database (all 50,000 tabs), is $9 for July (normally $18).

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1