Far Cry

treesha

15 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

The lyrics have a killer emotional drive to them, and your sense of vocal leads and harmonies are truly wonderful in this song!

You are getting good advice on the low end I think, so I would only add that you consider giving the hi hat a little interval or break. It's 8 to the bar for the entire song, and if it took a rest occasionally, it might be easier to bring other mix elements up and out, like the acoustic rhythm guitar which could step forward a bit I think.

Luckily the vocals are 90% of the business, and you've got those worked out!

Nice one, quirky and lovely.

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom

I really appreciate you listening and your comments. Thank you for commenting on the emotional lyrics. Yes the song is very vocal heavy and low end light ha. I was checking out how I might add more low end in with Izotope yesterday a little bit, but when I see your comment about the hi hat, well maybe that needs attention too within a full remix. I try my best with drum parts, they do not come natural to me, and honestly I did not even notice the hi hat aspect, usually I get drums to a point and then think its ok enough. So I really appreciate you pointing this out and the impact it could have on the acoustic guitar. And I'm glad you enjoyed it ! Thanks again

4 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Nice tune, I am with Mark, the kick and bass need a little more presence.  Good work though.

Hi Wookiee

Thanks for listening and your feedback. I agree about the low end being too weak and I am working on making it better. Glad I am having a chance to learn new things. Thanks for saying its good, appreciate it !

23 hours ago, Bapu said:

Besides all the similar comments about the low end, I thought when the multilayered vocals came in, they were too stark of a difference to the straight up vocal.

Overall nice tune Treesha.

Hi Bapu

Thanks for listening and your feedback. Glad you think its an overall nice tune, and yes I am currently working on the bass and kick trying to beef them up in the mix. As for the vocals, they might be a bit different in the next mix just because everything will change some, but I won't be focusing on changing them. I meant for them to be intense because the lyrics are angst-full. Thanks again !

• Great Idea 1