The Cover Song Hall of Fame

Byron Dickens

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

New page, so we see the competitive stats.  Come on, people, let's get some new names showing up as the top posters! 😜 

Not sure where you're seeing this but, since Bapu got to keep his post count from the prior forum, it's just going to be him at the top for eternity, ya? 😆

(Just add the 40k I lost to my total and I'm still waaaaaay behind Ed! 😁 )

22 minutes ago, craigb said:

Not sure where you're seeing this but, since Bapu got to keep his post count from the prior forum, it's just going to be him at the top for eternity, ya? 😆

(Just add the 40k I lost to my total and I'm still waaaaaay behind Ed! 😁 )

I am on a PC using Chrome.  With the new web site format as it presently shows itself to me, instead of a full column of posts, there is a narrower-than-before column of posts and to the right of that at the top of where the full column used to be, there is a right-hand side column (aka sidebar) with statistics related to the current thread/topic.

For example:

• Replies            192                       Created         Jun 16                          Last Reply      2 hr
  • TOP POSTERS IN THIS TOPIC
    • Old Joad                   40 posts
    • pwalpwal                 26 posts
    • craigb                        22 posts
    • Notes_Norton     19 posts
  • POPULAR POSTS
    • craigb                        June 16
    • We've done these before, but so what? Always thought this one was awesome!  (I'll leave some of the more obvious ones for others.) Bangles -...

etc.

I just assumed everyone not on a mobile device sees the same thing in terms of format and content.

Since the stats only appear at the top of each page in a thread/topic, below that is a $#!+load of wasted (IMO) white space.  When the posts in each thread/topic rolls over to a new page (e.g., page 11 of 11), forum readers get to see what I have started to call "competitive stats."  Below that, the column appears as white space--until additional posts push it over to the next page.

Edited by User 905133
to add an explanation of what I meant by "new page"

24 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

We've done these before, but so what? Always thought this one was awesome!

I don't care about stats, I just enjoy seeing what people come up with🤘

The same with the Song Forum, I don't comment anymore (Although I really should) I listen all the time.

and the same with the Song Association thread, I've learned about so much music I never heard before and it's a kick to see what's gonna happen next.👍🏼

• Like 2