Sudden gaps in audio playback?

shane

Yes. Each "tap" (A or B) can have its own time and filter settings. This allows for wide stereo use. 

The real magic for me is the 2x, 4x, and 8x which changes the playback clock and lowers the fidelity accordingly. Also, the FREEZE button can be fun.

Soundtoys did a pretty good job of modelling all the parts of the original, so you get saturation/distortion at multiple points in the signal path. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Slight bump of this thread, since its relevant. 

It seems the newest beta 2023.09 build 062 has somehow re-introduced the crackling and audio gaps with Soundtoys plugins. 

Disabling them allows crisp and clear audio, while enabling them brings back cracking. 

Has anyone else noticed this happening with the latest beta? 

8 hours ago, shane said:

Slight bump of this thread, since its relevant. 

It seems the newest beta 2023.09 build 062 has somehow re-introduced the crackling and audio gaps with Soundtoys plugins. 

Disabling them allows crisp and clear audio, while enabling them brings back cracking. 

Has anyone else noticed this happening with the latest beta? 

Do you have Next installed on your system? Of yes, remove it completely and reinstall CbB and try again. I only had to remove Next without doing a reinstall of CbB, but im just throwing it out there. 

Edited by Will.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:25 PM, shane said:

I can't believe I don't know this: what is the proper way to uninstall the latest beta Cakewalk and revert to the previous version?

Is it just to re-install the previous version? 

Does the beta install next to CbB or overwrite it?
If it overwrites, you can't roll back. You also can't install the previous version, and even if that was possible, in would be unreactivatable after a few months, whatever the activation period is/was. The latest is the lastest and the onliest.

• Haha 1