APD 6 Year Anniversary - All products at base price + 10% off

BTP

@jngnz I think you picked up DS Drum RCS Essentials by Red Pack Drums recently. I thought the demo / light version was pretty good. What do you think? Are you happy with it? Using the code brings the price down to $26.99 USD, for anyone interested. I still haven't pulled the trigger on it, and was thinking of picking it up today. My only hesitation is that I am not completely in love with the tuning / tone of the recorded toms that are in the freebie kit. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

51 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@jngnz I think you picked up DS Drum RCS Essentials by Red Pack Drums recently. I thought the demo / light version was pretty good. What do you think? Are you happy with it? Using the code brings the price down to $26.99 USD, for anyone interested. I still haven't pulled the trigger on it, and was thinking of picking it up today. 

Most of the samples are a little too bright/harsh for my taste and some toms sound weirdly clicky at high velocities, but for $26.99 you get a pretty versatile set of kit pieces that I imagine would fit really well with the rock stuff you tend to do and can go lighter but also harder if you need it to.

I would compare it to GGD stuff in terms of overall quality, which is to say it's superior to AD2 and the likes, but quite a long shot away from feeling like playing a real kit on e-drums like BFD3 and SD3 (I imagine) get quite close to.

I like it overall and for this price, I can almost guarantee you won't regret it.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Most of the samples are a little too bright/harsh for my taste and some toms sound weirdly clicky at high velocities, but for $26.99 you get a pretty versatile set of kit pieces that I imagine would fit really well with the rock stuff you tend to do and can go lighter but also harder if you need it to.

I would compare it to GGD stuff in terms of overall quality, which is to say it's superior to AD2 and the likes, but quite a long shot away from feeling like playing a real kit on e-drums like BFD3 and SD3 (I imagine) get quite close to.

I like it overall and for this price, I can almost guarantee you won't regret it.

Thanks.I knew I could count on you for an honest opinion.

I think you're right. Even though I'm not a big fan of the sound of the toms, I do like the bass and snare sounds and the kits are  a bit different than what I have (SD3, various KONTAKT kits and AD2) and I did use the free version drum kit on a little recorded jam I did and found it fit quite well. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1