Microtonal pitch correction on mixed down stereo audio Wav file?

TH

How do I make a microtonal pitch correction on entre mixed down track? I imported a fully mixed audio track which is about a microtone flat. Either the instruments recorded were flat during the session or the original cassette tape deck recorded fast, or the playback deck was slow during the audio capture / conversion to a wav file.  Can I correct the pitch in CW - which only seems to process in semitones, not cents, and/or is there a free plugin I can use in CW instead of first processing the audio in an external program such as Audacity (transpose by percent) or RX? 

I know I keep referencing this link, but again - if you don't mind also changing the tempo of a performance, Cakewalk can natively adjust audio pitch in cents & semitones, in a way that mirrors the varispeed tape technique in the analog world.  -P.S. I have only used it on 3-4 minutes of audio at a time, but never had an issue so far, even though the tool is mostly designed to adjust loop clips & such. And the numbered directions start somewhat assuming you are using the tool (Loop Constuction) stated in the preamble after having selected the loaded audio clip...

https://craiganderton.org/how-to-do-true-tape-type-varispeed-in-cakewalk-sonar/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JnTuneTech said:

I know I keep referencing this link, but again - if you don't mind also changing the tempo of a performance, Cakewalk can natively adjust audio pitch in cents & semitones, in a way that mirrors the varispeed tape technique in the analog world.  -P.S. I have only used it on 3-4 minutes of audio at a time, but never had an issue so far, even though the tool is mostly designed to adjust loop clips & such. And the numbered directions start somewhat assuming you are using the tool (Loop Constuction) stated in the preamble after having selected the loaded audio clip...

https://craiganderton.org/how-to-do-true-tape-type-varispeed-in-cakewalk-sonar/

There's a missing step here to make this work... after switching on looping, change the splice resolution from 1/8 to "no slice", otherwise moving the threshold down to zero will leave the markers in place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

after switching on looping

The instructions are to not turn on looping at all, and he's very clear about that. You don't want to make a loop clip at all. -As I say, I have used it many times, and it's rather easy, once you get past the idea of using a loop clip tool for only changing pitch & speed.  -Oh, and the advice about slip-editing the clip in advance, or trimming later to make sure the new clip length gets captured for your export is a bit I had to play around with as well, when doing big changes in the pitch & speed on longer clips.

• Like 1