APD Deal: Project The Snail by IrcamLab - 81% Off

cclarry

49 minutes ago, MarcL said:

Can it be installed offline? As usual I cannot find this information on their site! It's so cumbersome nowadays with music software! ☹️

Good point. Would like to know too. Until now, the only Ircam stuff I knew is from UVI. 

• Like 1

If you've previously bought this - here's where you can get the latest version v1.4.1 
The Snail by IrcamLab

Release    notes    for    The    Snail    1.4.1 (July 2022)
Fixes &    Improvements
• Deeper    cleanup    of    older    versions    of    plugins    upon    update    (Mac)
• Menu    keyboard    shortcuts (such    as    Cmnd+Q)    could    be    unresponsive    (Mac)
• Transposing    Instrument    setting    was    not    reflected    in    Zoomed    Tuner    View.
• Audio    settings    could    be    messed    up    in    some    rare    configurations    (Mac).
New    Features
• Tuning    reference    and    transposition    are    now    displayed    as    overlay    (letf    right    corner)

etc..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MarcL said:

Can it be installed offline? As usual I cannot find this information on their site! It's so cumbersome nowadays with music software! ☹️

You can install it offline, not sure if it can be activated or not offline.
If that's a deal breaker download it, install it and find out - it'll run 15 days as a demo.

Per Manual:

Installation
• Download and launch the latest version of The Snail, wrapped in a ‘zip’ file.
For Mac : open the ‘dmg’ image, double-click the The Snail Installer.pkg file.
For Windows : double-click the ircamLab The Snail Installer.exe file.
• Launch the installation package (« Standard » installation is recommended.)
Trial period and Registration Upon the first installation, you are granted with a 15-day trial period, beyond which you must buy a license if you want to keep using the software.

Demo:
https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p2242-The-Snail/

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

You can install it offline, not sure if it can be activated or not offline.
If that's a deal breaker download it, install it and find out - it'll run 15 days as a demo.

Per Manual:

Installation
• Download and launch the latest version of The Snail, wrapped in a ‘zip’ file.
For Mac : open the ‘dmg’ image, double-click the The Snail Installer.pkg file.
For Windows : double-click the ircamLab The Snail Installer.exe file.
• Launch the installation package (« Standard » installation is recommended.)
Trial period and Registration Upon the first installation, you are granted with a 15-day trial period, beyond which you must buy a license if you want to keep using the software.

Demo:
https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p2242-The-Snail/

Thanks! That's also what I have found out (manual). And yes, actually I meant activation.

Great idea, but to use the demo to find it out is an overkill IMHO. In some cases it even does not show this. Besides I think it is sad that many(most?) plugin providers don't unveil the activation requirements!

• Like 1