Digitech RP500

thanks to each of you responding,  especially Lord Tim with a step by step  sequence.

Sorry to have annoyed some of you for continually pursuing my gear and set up questions. I do read everything carefully and try your ideas.

(Does this reply go to each responder to this thread? I don't see a way to respond to one of the group)

Thanks again to all.

• Like 1

Please don't take any replies that anyone has said in any of your threads as any one of us being annoyed with you (I guess I can't speak for all of us, but that's the general sentiment around here) - we just want to make sure you're getting the right advice, and sometimes it's at odds with info that people find on the internet, or how some new users assume it should work. There's a lot of questions about the same things (interfaces, ASIO, etc. especially) and I think sometimes we can all be a little short with our replies, but I'm sure there's a genuine intention to help out.

I think if there's anything that's annoying from some posters over the years is when they've been given solid advice from a lot of the smarter people on the forum, and they choose to ignore it, and then come back later complaining about problems that could have been resolved if they'd just followed the advice. I know myself I've learned so much from the very knowledgeable and experienced users on this forum, and I've definitely learned to try their advice first before wasting anyone's time (including mine) with crazy alternatives. I'd rather just get on with making music rather than playing amateur computer technician! 

• Like 1

as a quick note -- reading the manual: https://eadn-wc05-7545739.nxedge.io/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/RP500_OM_EN.pdf

"8. USB Jack
The USB jack connects the RP500 to a computer and provides two purposes. First it is used to 
provide communication between the RP500 and the X-Edit editor librarian software. Second, it is 
used to stream four channels of audio (2 up / 2 back) to and from the computer when using the 
RP500 to record with the included Cubase LE4 recording software.
Refer to the RP500 Software 
Installation Guide and Cubase LE4 online documentation on proper setup for this use.
"

so it's says Cubase, but it might mean that ASIO4ALL could be the "driver" they recommend (which if this is the only IO unit, isn't the worst (RealTek is...)) with the understanding that the latency will not be as good as a quality IO unit would give you.