EZ Drummer 3 - audio engine dropout

Whenever I drag midi from Cakewalk to EZD3 midi drop zone (below Tap2Find) Cakewalk's audio engine drops out. Also happens with EZ Bass. Not sure if it is a Cakewalk issue or a Toontrack issue.

If I drag a midi file from my Windows 10 PC to the midi drop zone the audio engine does not drop out, so I think it may be a Cakewalk issue?

Anyone else experience this?

Can anyone else re-create this on your system? If not then I know it has something to do with my setup.

image.png.df2d72ac763a7b7e5f0ea36cce210585.png

I too get the audio engine stopped. The work around is to tap the space bar and start the project for a moment. Then I go back to EZD and audition the results. Annoying, but works. I like your work around better. I’ll give it a try and report back. 

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

DeeringAmps,

I'm thinking it might be a Cakewalk issue. Tried these experiments as well:

> Drag a midi clip from Cakewalk to EZD3 - audio engine drops out.
>Drag a midi clip from Cakewalk to my PC Desktop area - audio engine drops out?!
> Drag the midi clip from Desktop back into Cakewalk - no drop out.
> Drag the midi clip from Desktop into EZD3 drop zone (below Tap2Find) - no drop out.

Can you replicate this? That would rule out my PC, midi clip, etc. as the culprit.

I’ve never seen a good video on using the “drop zone”. Personally I find it very useful, although a bit “fiddly”. I always use a two measure clip, and find you can’t just copy and paste. You have to “bounce” the clip before dropping it. I’ve never worked with EZD outside of CbB so I’m not sure that the issue is all Cake related. Tapping the space bar twice is a small price to pay overall. 

t

• Thanks 1