"CREEP" Radiohead Cover (remixed)

PavlovsCat

I went back to a song I covered last year, Radiohead's "Creep" and did a remix. I still don't know what I'm doing when it comes to mixing or mastering, but I think I'm getting better and everyone's input here has been very helpful.  Most of my motivation to record covers is about doing my own arrangements, which I find really enjoyable. So this is my own spin on the song. Because I've covered a bunch of Beatles stuff, I often get compared with their style and often told my voice has a Lennon quality (I formerly played drums professionally and don't have much of a singing voice, so I am, of course, complimented at the comparison), so I am interested in learning what folks here think.  

All of the instruments you here were sample libraries played via MIDI controllers. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Joad said:

Love it, big fan of Radiohead🍺🍺🍺

Thanks.  Radiohead is one of my all time favorite bands.  Funny though, this has never been one of my favorite Radiohead songs.  I largely covered it because my wife loves it and thought she might appreciate it. I did a cover of a Radiohead song I love that I'm soon going to remix, "Optomistic."

It's a lot of fun to re-arrange Radiohead songs. Their original versions are, of course,  incredibly creative and interesting, which I find is an inspiring starting point. It also influences me to be more experimental in how I approach my version; like how I did the final chorus in this cover. I wanted it to have an eerie quality to it to play off of the lyrics. 

• Like 1

Well done. The final chorus works. The only thing I'd improve is the fuzzed electric guitar on the left channel around 2:20 needs more clarity, as what you play progresses the clarity improves. Maybe play with the EQ, maybe use  3 or 4 strings to sound the chord instead of 5 or 6🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1