Tokyo Dawn Labs VOS Slick EQ and Slick EQ M $9.99 each

ralfrobert

2 hours ago, smde said:

which one is the best pick?

Both are great, but it depends on what you will be using them for. The mastering version has higher latency and more suited to the stereo buss on mixdowns, or mastering a stereo track, or project. I don't use it in production.

GE is great in prod, for tracks, busses and the stereo buss. You could still use it for mastering, but I prefer the mastering edition for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Both are great, but it depends on what you will be using them for. The mastering version has higher latency and more suited to the stereo buss on mixdowns, or mastering a stereo track, or project. I don't use it in production.

GE is great in prod, for tracks, busses and the stereo buss. You could still use it for mastering, but I prefer the mastering edition for that.

Thanks!

I am trying to justify to myself if I need any of these. I recently got Kirchhoff-EQ and I am quite happy with it.

Just now, smde said:

Thanks!

I am trying to justify to myself if I need any of these. I recently got Kirchhoff-EQ and I am quite happy with it.

Kirchhoff is VERY good too. To my ears it sounds better then Fabfilter ProQ3. While I would say you don't need either of them, sometimes you will still come up with different curves by using something like the TDR EQs here. Plus, GE can add some nice harmonics if you like and the mastering edition is a parallel EQ, which I don't recall seeing an option in Kirchhoff for that. I'm still learning that one though as there's a lot in there, so don't take that as gospel! TDR make some insanely good plugins for the price and at full price they're worth it, but prices like this you can't go too far wrong :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ALC said:

Got VOS Slick EQ GE.  Now, just need Nova and Limiter to complete my GE collection.

Nova sounds really good too. Limiter I don't use quite as much now, but it's still a great limiter and lots of great features and deep controls as well. I'll still end up using it at times in future for sure though.

• Like 1