Reminiscence #2

It was a hot, muggy day in the summer of '97 when (now SIR) Rod Stewart flew into MSP on the Warner Brothers G5, sent the family off to do a little shopping at the MOA, and grabbed a limo to come over to the studios for a writing session with the principals. I met him at the door as he was wearing a straw hat, polo shirt, Bermuda shorts, open toed sandals, and carrying a 'brolly' (like it might rain or something?).

Introductions and warm handshakes all around, and then I gave him a brief tour of the facility on the way to Studio Bodacious to meet with Jam & Lewis. Really a genuinely nice gentleman.

As I walked out of the room and back to my duties, my only thought was: "jeez... that guy probably spends more on pedicures than I make in a year".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

It was a hot, muggy day in the summer of '97 when (now SIR) Rod Stewart flew into MSP on the Warner Brothers G5, sent the family off to do a little shopping at the MOA, and grabbed a limo to come over to the studios for a writing session with the principals. I met him at the door as he was wearing a straw hat, polo shirt, Bermuda shorts, open toed sandals, and carrying a 'brolly' (like it might rain or something?).

Introductions and warm handshakes all around, and then I gave him a brief tour of the facility on the way to Studio Bodacious to meet with Jam & Lewis. Really a genuinely nice gentleman.

As I walked out of the room and back to my duties, my only thought was: "jeez... that guy probably spends more on pedicures than I make in a year".

What album or songs did you work on for Rod? 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

What album or songs did you work on for Rod? 

To the best of my knowledge, nothing ever came out of the meeting. They were just bouncing ideas around.

Jagger & Richards came through for two days once, same thing... no output from our end. But that's another story.

But at least I got to meet 'em all.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 1