🔧 HoRNet Butterfly Version 1.0.5 Update Now Available!

cclarry

Word on caution.

In latest Cakewalk version the updated Hornet seems to get stuck on the vst scan on my machine.  I've deleted and reinstalled a number of times.  

When I load the plugin it won't allow adding EQ nodes at all.  Most other functions seems like they are active though - but that is vital to the use of the plugin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems to work OK on Studio One (only tried the VST3), but I still think it is a CPU hog.  Maybe not bad on the master bus as a single instance, which I think is how it is promoted, but I wouldn't use it on tracks.  I compared the compressor to Melda, Presonus, and a few IKM and they were all much easier on the CPU.  Hornet said last year that the CPU would not be used by disabled features, so I only had the compressor turned on in Butterfly.

I don't understand Butterfly and why Hornet pushes it pretty hard.

What I think Hornet should do is have MultiFreqs communicate to Total EQ so that you can "see" the conflict frequencies in Total EQ!  That would be awesome, but they never did that... Instead, they are so focused on Butterfly, they can't see the "True Gold" they have that sits right in front of them!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1