SOLVED. How do I reverse an audio file to create a swelling effect?

Billy86

Trying to figure out how to reverse the waveform of chord in CbB. In my case, I'd play in the piano chord where I want it, then I'd like to reverse it to use the backward swelling effect as a build into the choruses. 

Best way to do this? Thanks much.

Edit: Solved. Guess I deserve some RTFM comments! 😝

Edited by Billy86

Billy, I've found one cool effect for reversing. Record your part "dry". Reverse it , apply a strong reverb. Bounce it to track , reverse it again. Straight part with reversed reverb. Sounds Way better than inverse verb option. Might be something to mix with the reversed swelling chords ..    Might be in TFM , don't know , never read it.                  mark

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mark skinner said:

Billy, I've found one cool effect for reversing. Record your part "dry". Reverse it , apply a strong reverb. Bounce it to track , reverse it again. Straight part with reversed reverb. Sounds Way better than inverse verb option. Might be something to mix with the reversed swelling chords ..    Might be in TFM , don't know , never read it.                  mark

This was done by the Beatles and other progressive bands in the tape days.  Sure is easier and quicker now!!

• Like 1